| FTBL Outside The Lines

lilstat

Verified Member
Just watching ESPN. They had a piece where President Elect Obama was in an interview with CBS I believe. They were talking about college football and playoffs. He stated he is going to "Throw his weight around" about getting a playoff in college football. I hope he does! :)

He was interviewed on 60 Minutes last night and Steve Croft asked him (tongue-in-cheek) if he could use his influence to create a playoff system for the BCS. He laughingly said he do everything he could, because any rational person can see that it's needed.

if we have a playoff, then florida and USC can't take a loss and still be the best team in the galaxy..

running up the score in a playoff is irrelivent, and a loss is deadly..

the almighty W will once again reign supreme..

4th-and-1 said:
if we have a playoff, then florida and USC can't take a loss and still be the best team in the galaxy..

running up the score in a playoff is irrelivent, and a loss is deadly..

the almighty W will once again reign supreme..

exactly. If there was a playoff system right now it would be Bama TT Boise State and Utah. and $100 says the same people would be bitching about the playoff system.

its quite simple what a team needs to do to win the championship. the only teams bitching, are the ones that don't have the good enough teams or programs to get there.

Nate said:
exactly. If there was a playoff system right now it would be Bama TT Boise State and Utah.

How do you figure that?

I think they'd pick eight playoff teams the same way they pick the eight BCS teams now. Automatic bids for the champions of the ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10, and SEC, plus two at-large bids, determined by the polls. Seed the teams according to BCS rank.

I hope to see the Great One become more involved with each individual college football team.

Perhaps he can bring other conferences into the BCS and allocate more money to lower tier programs.

Also, I wish that he will extend the season to 18 games and have every SEC team play each other two times during the same year.

I wish for Obama, my personal savior, to come to important games and give a thumbs up or thumbs down on whether or not he was satisfied with the outcome of the game. If he isn't satisfied, perhaps the outcome could be altered.

Yes, I can't think of any better idea than to have presidential involvement determining the direction college football will take.

Thanks, ObamaMessiah. Hey, and this is not being sarcastic, maybe the Great One can set aside a team that is to only be filled with the very best players that he hand picks. Now that would be cool as hell, a presidential college team.

I myself would think that there would be an eight team playoff. You take the BCS conferences plus two at large teams. Seed them according to rank and let the chips fall where they may.

Even if Obama wants a playoff he will still distribue a certain percentage of that National Championship to school's not fortunate enough to make the playoffs

CtrlAltieDel said:
I hope to see the Great One become more involved with each individual college football team.

Perhaps he can bring other conferences into the BCS and allocate more money to lower tier programs.

Also, I wish that he will extend the season to 18 games and have every SEC team play each other two times during the same year.

I wish for Obama, my personal savior, to come to important games and give a thumbs up or thumbs down on whether or not he was satisfied with the outcome of the game. If he isn't satisfied, perhaps the outcome could be altered.

Yes, I can't think of any better idea than to have presidential involvement determining the direction college football will take.

Thanks, ObamaMessiah. Hey, and this is not being sarcastic, maybe the Great One can set aside a team that is to only be filled with the very best players that he hand picks. Now that would be cool as hell, a presidential college team.

Another useless post from ya. Your on a roll.

CtrlAltieDel said:

Hmmm...Is this sarcasm showing itself? :lol: ...I don't want to be Captain Obvious here or anything... :D

I don't understand some of you. I make a post expressing my delight that a President of the United States is going to tweak college football to his liking and some of you have a problem with that.

I didn't bring up the subject, geez. I can't comment on it?

I think Obama will make great changes to college football.

One thing I really hope he takes a look at is the length of the field. Maybe he will check into expanding the regulation field size by 30 yards in length. That would make for much more excitement and a tougher challenge for the athletes.

CtrlAltieDel said:
One thing I really hope he takes a look at is the length of the field. Maybe he will check into expanding the regulation field size by 30 yards in length. That would make for much more excitement and a tougher challenge for the athletes.

Expanding? So every stadium would have to be rebuilt!
Im not trying to jump on you. But if you want to expand a field, talk to Canada. They play football up there.
But expanding American College Football would be crazy! Lets go ahead and add 20 feet to a a basketball court. Add 30 feet to a tennis court. Make a soccer field EVEN bigger. Make baseball's center field 675 feet. Lets let 13 players play instead of 11. Or let there be 5 outfielders in baseball. Or 7 v 7 in the NBA.

If you expanded the field. You would have to change the entire game. All the stats would be thrown our the window and then you would have to change HS and NFL fields also.

CtrlAltieDel said:

Did you stop taking your meds or something?

Back
Top Bottom