| FTBL Our suspicions confirmed. When we were talking about moving football to the spring due to CV-19 the question was asked, "Where is it televised?"

We were all taking about the competition for eye balls and here we are.

The NBA is on every night.
College basketball, both men's and women's take up Saturday's and Sunday's.
Softball and baseball all start within the next two weeks.
And, then there's MLB who starts spring training in two and a half weeks.

So what's happened to these spring football games? Just as we suspected, it's going to pay per view.

How many people are going to be paying for ESPN+ to watch this weekends game, McNeese State vs Tarleton State? Very few in my opinion. The FCS schools are going to be even deeper in the hole after this abbreviated/rescheduled season.

Having the coach doing this makes me about as nervous as having Walmart give the vaccine shot :). Man these are weird times in so many ways with Covid being just one of them.

Having the coach doing this makes me about as nervous as having Walmart give the vaccine shot
When you have nursing assistants certified to handle tests as well as the vaccine, how is that any different than having a head coach follow the same process? The chances are VERY high the head coach has a more extensive education than any NA would have considering the vast majority of NA's don't have anything other than a high school diploma and a six week certification from a proprietary school. A CNA would have a little more training ( phlebotomy course work) but it's still essentially the same thing, right?

When you have nursing assistants certified to handle tests as well as the vaccine, how is that any different than having a head coach follow the same process? The chances are VERY high the head coach has a more extensive education than any NA would have considering the vast majority of NA's don't have anything other than a high school diploma and a six week certification from a proprietary school. A CNA would have a little more training ( phlebotomy course work) but it's still essentially the same thing, right?

if a school was really interested in.....a players health n safety.....
I would think a nurse....RN...type....or even a doctor...would do such...
Maybe...wrong...but....
A highly qualified person in the medical field...
Wonder who did bamas testing...?

I would think a nurse....RN...type....or even a doctor...would do such...
Maybe...wrong...but....
One thing to also consider here on the logistical side of things. UA has the student health center they can rely on for personnel. If you take a school like Charleston Southern, that option isn't available. I have my doubts Pacific Lutheran has a student health center.

I worked in a hospital (Shelby in Alabaster) for four years in college. I started off as pre-med, so that made sense, and once I moved to finance I stayed because the hourly pay ($5.50 an hour in 1983) and the 24/7 work opportunity helped round out my college jobs. Like most jobs, competency came down to common sense, dedication and repetition. Although they have been a dying component in many hospitals, LPNs were key to making things run at that time. Many of the RNs had book sense and no common sense, and many of the non-surgical MDs performed very few actual procedures. I wouldn't let letters after a name be your sole guide.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom