| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Oscars thread

PhillyGirl

I know they just ended but I thought it might be fun to discuss.

I am surprised "Zero Dark Thirty" did not win more awards, I thought it very nicely depicted the human element behind the Osama hunt.

I was SHOCKED Jennifer Lawrence got Best Actress, most people thought the elderly gal from "Amour" was a lock! I was also bummed "Silver Linings" did not win Best Adapted Screenplay but I digress.

I also thought Seth MacFarlane did a fabulous job as host. Most folks wrote him off but he's actually a very intelligent guy (and also a classically trained singer-songwriter, as evidenced tonight).

And how about the adorable and charismatic Quevenzhene Willis?! Our youngest nominee ever and so awesome. Can't wait to see her win big in the future.

What did you guys think?

I don't normally watch the Oscars but did last night.

The intro bit with James T. Kirk was partly humorous.

I was hoping for a little more for the salute to James Bond 007. Yet it was nice to see two theme songs performed live.

I even liked the bit they did when introducing Christopher Plummer (reenacting part of a scene from The Sound of Music).

I can't comment on the awards as I have only seen a few of the movies they had nominations for.

I don't normally watch the Oscars but did last night.

The intro bit with James T. Kirk was partly humorous.

I was hoping for a little more for the salute to James Bond 007. Yet it was nice to see two theme songs performed live.

I even liked the bit they did when introducing Christopher Plummer (reenacting part of a scene from The Sound of Music).

I can't comment on the awards as I have only seen a few of the movies they had nominations for.

I agree, I was pretty disappointed with the Bond tribute. They really could have done a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom