| FTBL One (more) thing I like about this team...

I

imported_Porter

I have mentioned before that our guys do not lay around flopping like fish on the field when they get injured, like we see from other teams. That doesn't meant hey don't get hurt, they do, but they have been toughened up these last 2 years, and they get up and shake it off (and get off the field if need be).

Also though, you don't see our players going around giving Coach Saban and assistant coaches Gatorade baths after every big win... and we've had a couple. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing Saban get drenched after a victory over Florida next week for the SEC CHampionship, but to be honest, I bet the players wouldn't bother then either. I think it is probably a win in Miami or bust as far as that idea goes...

Did you notice Upchurch taking himself out of the game after his 2nd carry? I am guessing that pinched nerve acted up after he got tackled.

I hate that for Roy, because he is such a great player. We need him against the gators; having a third set of fresh legs in the 2nd half will be crucial. Maybe he will be well enough to play effectively.

NTT said:
Did you notice Upchurch taking himself out of the game after his 2nd carry? I am guessing that pinched nerve acted up after he got tackled.

Saban never commented on it, but it sure looked that way. Unfortunate to, because he was about to gash them for a score.

I'd say his status for the SECCG is doubtful at best after watching that, but I hope the month long rest after that will have him ready for the bowl game. Saban hinted he would need surgery sooner or later though to correct the problem...

Back
Top Bottom