| FTBL Ole Miss. Do you agree that the Rebels will be 3rd best team in SEC in 2022?

I like the idea of this. They definitely have the ability. It's a toss up for me though between Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Texas A&M. They all three have talent, but then I can also see them all losing six games. They all three get Alabama. Tennessee gets Georgia, while Ole Miss and Texas A&M get each other. Should be a nice jumble after Alabama and Georgia.

No....but...
Not sure a uga has proved that they are at pinnacle yet...
AU, Fl, Lsu have all won a NC within some reasonable time back...
And proclaimed to be the leader....and what path have they traveled since...

Lets dont give uga their crown ...except for a season...first in 30+ years....quite yet.... lots of teams recruit well...and dont meet expectations..Later

The West is going to be a minefield this season. UGA is still out front in the East, but UT should give them fits and perhaps Billy and those Gators can play with the Dawgs as well.

I couldn't pull the lever that said Ole Miss is the 3rd best team in the SEC.

I see a lot of mediocre teams...Ark...A$M...LSU...ole Ms...
200.gif

Ark, LSU, and Ole Miss at their place. AU is not going to be an easy out and A&M will be a good challenge for Bama as well. Bama pretty much owns MSU and that is a good thing.
Yeah. One may play a game over their head n give bama a tough time ( see A$M last year). But still not a challenge for the top
A bunch of 8-4 teams
@TerryP
So you see a challenger? I call that mediocre
I know u like Arkansas. But reslly!!!!!

Don't think they will get to #3 but I see MSU in a big surprise in Week 5. Host a$m, with both at 4-0, and catch them looking ahead to Bama. 5-0 start would be a huge boost to wind up 8-4, 9-3, or even 10-2.

Edit: On second thought, a$m will not prepare for any of the first 5 opponents as in 2021. They will not go to MSU 4-0. They will be prepared for Bama as in 2021.

Last edited:
Not that being #3 is a pressure packed pick, but when was the last time Ole Miss lived up to pre season expectations?
Last season; arguably exceeded expectations. They ended the season with a whimper although it was a loss to a top ten team in Baylor. (Aranda looks to be the media's love child this season.)

Over the years we've seen how often the SEC media gets their choices wrong (they did pick Bama to win the west last season.) Ole Miss was predicted to finish 4th in the west where they finished second. As I recall they were ranked anywhere between 15-25 going into the season; finished 11th.

Ok. Definition of mediocrity is where we are

And somebody will have to be #3 regardless of how good they are.
May be very good or be very mediocre
I have 8-4 as mediocre but with crappy SECe schedule... 9-3 may be
Lone Waite let me borrow that piece of hard rock candy to look through and I saw Bama as 10-2 this year. I don't believe you see it that way based on your statement about those West teams. I hope your vision is correct.

Lone Waite let me borrow that piece of hard rock candy to look through and I saw Bama as 10-2 this year. I don't believe you see it that way based on your statement about those West teams. I hope your vision is correct.
I think most negative positioners of bama ( including Lone Wolf) are looking at "away games" and thinking....."A$M all over again"

Which...may be so...

I still go with.....i dont see a challenger to bama in West...or to UGA in East....
I sorta agree with @TerryP about Arkansas....but dont see a great advantage for them or for Ole ms...with home field...See how they are put together...before i ama believer
Lsu...can definitely be....as can Tennessee...with hugh wild loud crowd...
But still...holes...with new staff at lsu and still lack of 2 deep talent at Tennessee

Undefeated seasons are rare....bamas home should be a cakewalk...
But A$M beat bama last year with a 8-4 mediocre team...so shit happens

10-2 from Lone Wolf is low...11-1....is closer..for your long time friend..

Back
Top Bottom