| FTBL No ESPN: Dish Network

PurlJam

Up at my normal before the rooster crows time and finding that Dish/Disney squabble has shut off all Disney channels on Dish. Dish is saying that Disney wants a 1 billion dollar contract increase (didnt give a timeframe). Dish turned it down and offered an extension on the current contract...Disney said no...long story short...I wont see the barn and LSU fight over a turnip tonight.:)

Up at my normal before the rooster crows time and finding that Dish/Disney squabble has shut off all Disney channels on Dish. Dish is saying that Disney wants a 1 billion dollar contract increase (didnt give a timeframe). Dish turned it down and offered an extension on the current contract...Disney said no...long story short...I wont see the barn and LSU fight over a turnip tonight.:)
I want see that game either and I still have ESPN.... Sorry you lost access but at least the real game is not impacted so it give them time to fix their squabble before it matters.

I truely hate those assholes when they screw the customers...
You know they will work things out...
Just gonna becrap on customer before...

Had directv for most ever....have had a scrabble or two...
But don’t remember missing much...

Who's your cell phone service with? Mine gives me access to ESPN+ (along with a few others) so I can watch games on there if that happens to me (which it does because we have Dish.....but I don't pay for).

Also, since no ESPN, does that mean no SEC Network, either? "Thankfully" the BAMA game is on CBS, this week.

Who's your cell phone service with? Mine gives me access to ESPN+ (along with a few others) so I can watch games on there if that happens to me (which it does because we have Dish.....but I don't pay for).

Also, since no ESPN, does that mean no SEC Network, either? "Thankfully" the BAMA game is on CBS, this week.
Got AT&T for My cell service. I believe I'll survive.😂

Yeah... Someone in Disney media relations made some noise there. It's one thing to increase prices but to do this in such a douche bag way in the middle of a football season, folks are getting more & more disenfranchised by the mouse.
Contracts run out when they run out. Price increases happen during negotiating new contracts. Sling/DISH contract was only until 9/30. Without seeing the contract terms for the last contract and the new one I am not going to blame either of the billion dollar companies.

Contracts run out when they run out. Price increases happen during negotiating new contracts. Sling/DISH contract was only until 9/30. Without seeing the contract terms for the last contract and the new one I am not going to blame either of the billion dollar companies.

Two billion dollar corporations have a looming deadline for September 30th where they can't get things ironed out because of Disney's gaudy prices but w/in 48hrs of this debacle Disney has a come to Jesus moment & we want to call this a nonchalant contract negotiations? I'll agree to disagree with you on this.

It's is just my opinion, Disney is the entertainment industry bully right now. It's not like Dish/Sling wanted to have the blackout for their clients but at some point someone needs shoot a shot across the bow. Dish/Sling stood up to them. And Disney has some conscious left to have them reconsider.

Back
Top Bottom