| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Nic Cage movies you actually like.

I caught this post in another thread and it started me thinking about the number of movies Nicolas Cage has appeared. I'm not going to bother Google this morning. My best guess is it has to be in the low 40's by now, right? He's had several years where he's put out three, four films in a year.
@Sgt. Lincoln Osiris I'll admit to more than a couple, but there's not many that come to mind and even some of those are due to other actors.

IE: I like John Cusack. Hell of an actor. So, there's an intersection there with ConAir (Monica Potter in that one...) On the other hand they were in The Frozen Ground together and even with Billy Bob that movie....leaves me shaking my head even today.

I've a bit of a fascination with Wicker Man but that's largely due to the book the original movie was based on: Ritual.

Match Stick Men was well written.

Windtalkers.

...and with that I think I'm done.

con air
the rock
leaving las vegas
windtalkers
(one of my favorites with him in it)
valley girl
gone in sixty seconds
national treasure 1 & 2
(really wish they'd hurry up and make a part 3)
the sorcerer's apprentice
kick-ass

and while i like fast times at ridgemont high, he was only in it for a few seconds and didn't have any lines (i think).

con air
the rock
leaving las vegas
windtalkers
(one of my favorites with him in it)
valley girl
gone in sixty seconds
national treasure 1 & 2
(really wish they'd hurry up and make a part 3)
the sorcerer's apprentice
kick-ass

and while i like fast times at ridgemont high, he was only in it for a few seconds and didn't have any lines (i think).

The only notable thing about him in that GREAT movie Fast Times... is that he's credited as Nic Coppola.

Raising Arizona is hands down of the two or three best Coen Brothers' movies. Cage had a stellar cast to help him pull that one off. He also had Sean Connery to help him make The Rock the really good movie it is. My favorite movie of his, besides Raising Arizona, is National Treasure (the first one). I would have liked him a lot more in Con Air had he tried to either master that godawful southern accent (especially near the end when he's getting defensive about his bunny) or just not used it.

National Treasure 1 & 2
Face/Off
Con Air
The Family Man
Army of One
Gone in Sixty Seconds

On a side note...has anyone heard where he says in a few years he wants to retire from acting and spend time behind the camera.

I forgot about Matchstick Men. Really good movie.

Con Air? Cage's overbaked Alabama accent is a bit of a slap in the face and causes a would-be decent movie to lose major lustre for me. Bright spots in the movie were John Malkovich and John Cusack.

What no?
Peggy Sue Got married?
Valley Girl?
Moonstruck?
Kick-Ass?

P.S. He going to be the voice of Superman in the "Teen Titans Go!" Cartoon Moive.

Back
Top Bottom