| FTBL Next Move?

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date

If Your AD at Bama, What's Your Next Move?

• Call Gene Stallings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call Paul Johnson

• Call Tommy Bowden

• Return Mike Sherman's Phone Call

• Post an Internet Poll to see who the fans want

• Retire

• Other

• Total voters
I

imported_RollTideRandy

Here's the situation, you are AD at Bama, Saban and Gruden indicated they may be interested in the Bama job, but won't discuss it with you until after the NFL season is over. So what's you're next move?

RollTideRandy said:
and I know, it should be YOU'RE.

I fixed it for you. :wink:

I'd retire.

Actually, it would depend oh HOW much intrest Saban and/or Gruden showed. If it was substantial, I'd wait. If not, I'd hire probably Johnson, Kragthorpe, or Patterson.

Bama Bo said:
RollTideRandy said:
and I know, it should be YOU'RE.

I fixed it for you. :wink:

I'd retire.

Actually, it would depend oh HOW much intrest Saban and/or Gruden showed. If it was substantial, I'd wait. If not, I'd hire probably Johnson, Kragthorpe, or Patterson.

Those two guys are who I would be trying to get.

Tider 27 said:
I want to wait for Gruden, but I say we go ahead and grab Johnson. :(

Why? So he can coach us through the upcoming critical bowl match-up? C'mon. And don't use recruiting as an excuse. You can't tell me that a Saban or Gruden couldn't sway recruiting more in March that PJ could in December. If Johnson was a coach worthy of this job, he'd already have it or another upper tier job.

Let's not hire somebody just for the sake of hiring somebody.

RollTideRandy said:
Here's the situation, you are AD at Bama, Saban and Gruden indicated they may be interested in the Bama job, but won't discuss it with you until after the NFL season is over. So what's your next move?

:wink:

reger60 said:
Tider 27 said:

Why? So he can coach us through the upcoming critical bowl match-up? C'mon. And don't use recruiting as an excuse. You can't tell me that a Saban or Gruden couldn't sway recruiting more in March that PJ could in December. If Johnson was a coach worthy of this job, he'd already have it or another upper tier job.

Fair Enough.

At this point Im thinking we are hurting by not getting a coach right away. Johnson wasn't my first choice, but IMO hes the best available at this time.

I suppose I should be more patient, but when will Tampa Bay's season be over? :twisted:

Someone give me a date.

reger60 said:
Tider 27 said:

Signing day is in February. :wink: :D

bamafan4ever said:
reger60 said:
Tider 27 said:

Signing day is in February. :wink: :D

Oops! You know what I meant.

RollTideRandy said:
The question is:

it should be...

If You're AD at Bama, What's Your Next Move? :roll:
RollTideRandy I think you should be the next AD. And all this would have be done by now.
Me picking someone to be the next H/C isn't going to get him.
So like I has said. I will support the one that is on the sideline wearing the Crimson & White. ROLLL TIDE ROLLL!!!!!!

rick4bama said:
RollTideRandy said:
The question is:

it should be...

If You're AD at Bama, What's Your Next Move? :roll:
RollTideRandy I think you should be the next AD. And all this would have be done by now.
Me picking someone to be the next H/C isn't going to get him.
So like I has said. I will support the one that is on the sideline wearing the Crimson & White. ROLLL TIDE ROLLL!!!!!!

Yeah, but he'd have the team wearing gray pants and have a logo on the helmet. :D

I am jumping way out on this for me. Before I was always excited about the next Coach Bryant study to come in and do it the right way. Anyone related to the program was acceptable. Then that wore off cause it wasn't working. Then other good coaches like Price. I was really ready for his offense. I knew the defense would be OK cause this is Bama and defense rules. That did not work out. Then SHULA. Well we all know. Now the only place left to turn is an upcoming coach who hasn't has his turn yet but has proven he is worth a shot. To me that sounds alot like JOHNSON. Tressell from OSU came from the same type of situation. I know some of you do not agree and that is OK. But think of it this way. JOHNSON has won every where he has gone. If he took the Bama job this would be his BIG SHOT. He would work relentlessly to restore our program. Once he started winning here at Bama there would be no way he woould leave. Our fan base is awesome and would show great support for him if he started winning. He would be building his own legacy. And I tell you this much. As much as our program has been through, once they find the right coach (whomever it is) he won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I really think that our BOT and MM finally realize how hard it is to get back to where we once were. They would move the earth to keep who ever here. I do not think JOHNSON is a long shot. I think he is one of the best new up in coming prospects out there and we would be lucky to get him. Every great coach in history started out somewhere and proved themselves. Johnson started out in a smaller college and has since moved to Navy where he has done a remarkable job coonsidering Navy's recruiting restrictions and talent of athletes. I really think he would do great things here.

Back
Top Bottom