| FTBL New Front Page Article

I

imported_porkchop

Thread Starter
Just FYI gang, we've got a new article on the site's front page. It's a nice read and I thought I'd post it in here as well.

ATTITUDE

by: TerryP


I'll have to admit, over the last ten years the one thing I have lacked is faith in our players. Faith on the field? I dreaded the fourth quarter. Faith off the field? I felt anguish knowing the different things the players for the Crimson Tide were getting in to.

We've all seen it. From Juwan Simpson to John Parker Wilson. Now, from Brandon Deaderick to the latest, Simeon Castille.

But then I've come to realize, and this isn't something that just dawned on me in the wee hours this morning. Faith is the one thing that fear can not stand against. Did I fear what would happen on the field? Sure, I saw it week to week. Did I fear what would happen off the field? Again, sure, I heard about it day to day.

But then, I have to weigh all these fears and thoughts against the CEO of our program. Day by day, as I concentrated on who was in charge, as I filled my mind with faith, I realized, ultimately, there will be no more room for fear. Therein, is the one perfect fact that none of us should forget. If we learn to master our faith, we will automatically master the fear we have for both scenario's.

When I think about some of the decisions our players have made over the last few years the first thought that comes to mind is Valerie Bertinelli.

Jenny Craig? No.

Flabby decision making skills. What have they been doing wrong? Read the first sentence of this paragraph.

The word “decision” comes from the Latin “de” (from) and “caedere” (to cut). I've come to the realization that our players need to commit themselves to a result and then cut themselves off from other outcomes.

Let's look at history...

When it comes to decisions I can think of no better example than Napolean Hill. Hill interviewed 500 highly effective and successful people in all fields and found that they had a common trait: successful people make decisions quickly and seldom, if ever, change them. They develop a clear image of what they want then take action toward that goal or image.

I realize these kids fear the decisions they make. I realize they wonder about the outcome and what they will look like in the eyes of their peers.

Peers. How they will look in their eyes? Some of the biggest failures in history include...

Who was a strikeout king in baseball? Babe Ruth struck out 1330 times.

Who holds a record for missed shots in the NBA? Michael Jordan.

Who said “…you miss 100% of the shots you do not take.” Wayne Gretsky.

I've decided I don't want these kids who represent my University to be in fear of being unique or in fear of speaking their mind. After all, we all make mistakes and fail but that doesn't make us a failure. That is how we learn and gather what we need to achieve our goals. Mind and universe require order before action. Decision brings order to our mind and allows it to focus on the actions that move us toward our goal.

This morning, if there was one thing I would want, as a fan, to get across to our players is this.

There’s a common misconception that a person’s skill is their talent. Skills, however, are not talents. Talents, on the other hand, require skills. People can have skills and knowledge in areas where their talents do not lie. If they have a job that requires their skills but not their talents, organizations will never tap into their passion or voice. They’ll go through the motions, but this will only make them appear to need external supervision and motivation.

Achieving is a decision, their decision. Leaving me with only one thing to ask of them, "What is your decision?"
 

Billie Bob

Verified Member
Sideline Club
porkchop said:
Just FYI gang, we've got a new article on the site's front page. It's a nice read and I thought I'd post it in here as well.

ATTITUDE

by: TerryP


I'll have to admit, over the last ten years the one thing I have lacked is faith in our players. Faith on the field? I dreaded the fourth quarter. Faith off the field? I felt anguish knowing the different things the players for the Crimson Tide were getting in to.

We've all seen it. From Juwan Simpson to John Parker Wilson. Now, from Brandon Deaderick to the latest, Simeon Castille.

But then I've come to realize, and this isn't something that just dawned on me in the wee hours this morning. Faith is the one thing that fear can not stand against. Did I fear what would happen on the field? Sure, I saw it week to week. Did I fear what would happen off the field? Again, sure, I heard about it day to day.

But then, I have to weigh all these fears and thoughts against the CEO of our program. Day by day, as I concentrated on who was in charge, as I filled my mind with faith, I realized, ultimately, there will be no more room for fear. Therein, is the one perfect fact that none of us should forget. If we learn to master our faith, we will automatically master the fear we have for both scenario's.

When I think about some of the decisions our players have made over the last few years the first thought that comes to mind is Valerie Bertinelli.

Jenny Craig? No.

Flabby decision making skills. What have they been doing wrong? Read the first sentence of this paragraph.

The word “decision” comes from the Latin “de” (from) and “caedere” (to cut). I've come to the realization that our players need to commit themselves to a result and then cut themselves off from other outcomes.

Let's look at history...

When it comes to decisions I can think of no better example than Napolean Hill. Hill interviewed 500 highly effective and successful people in all fields and found that they had a common trait: successful people make decisions quickly and seldom, if ever, change them. They develop a clear image of what they want then take action toward that goal or image.

I realize these kids fear the decisions they make. I realize they wonder about the outcome and what they will look like in the eyes of their peers.

Peers. How they will look in their eyes? Some of the biggest failures in history include...

Who was a strikeout king in baseball? Babe Ruth struck out 1330 times.

Who holds a record for missed shots in the NBA? Michael Jordan.

Who said “…you miss 100% of the shots you do not take.” Wayne Gretsky.

I've decided I don't want these kids who represent my University to be in fear of being unique or in fear of speaking their mind. After all, we all make mistakes and fail but that doesn't make us a failure. That is how we learn and gather what we need to achieve our goals. Mind and universe require order before action. Decision brings order to our mind and allows it to focus on the actions that move us toward our goal.

This morning, if there was one thing I would want, as a fan, to get across to our players is this.

There’s a common misconception that a person’s skill is their talent. Skills, however, are not talents. Talents, on the other hand, require skills. People can have skills and knowledge in areas where their talents do not lie. If they have a job that requires their skills but not their talents, organizations will never tap into their passion or voice. They’ll go through the motions, but this will only make them appear to need external supervision and motivation.

Achieving is a decision, their decision. Leaving me with only one thing to ask of them, "What is your decision?"

Great read :!:
Hey Terry P, you ain't Terry Pellman from Tidefans.com are ye?
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
crimsonaudio said:
That's the most poorly written bit of tripe I've ever perused.


hehe, just kidding, TP. Nice job, again. And thanks for the head's up about this place...

Don't you have some Brittney Spears poster to hang up in your office instead of playing around on sports forums? Or, did you leave it in Frayser last night?!?
 

crimsonaudio

Verified Member
Sideline Club
TerryP said:
Don't you have some Brittney Spears poster to hang up in your office instead of playing around on sports forums?
Someone is projecting...

Just because you think Brittney is a great talent doesn't mean everyone does.

Or, did you leave it in Frayser last night?!?
Left what in who?

I know you have strange fantasies, Terry, what with your 'alternative lifestyle' and all, but I'm married...
 

csdien

Verified Member
Sideline Club
crimsonaudio said:
TerryP said:
Don't you have some Brittney Spears poster to hang up in your office instead of playing around on sports forums?
Someone is projecting...

Just because you think Brittney is a great talent doesn't mean everyone does.

Or, did you leave it in Frayser last night?!?
Left what in who?

I know you have strange fantasies, Terry, what with your 'alternative lifestyle' and all, but I'm married...


man someone left the Tidefans.com door open again the mods are escaping! Good to see ya CA. Glad to see TerryP out and about again smoozing with the Bama folks!
 
I

imported_porkchop

Thread Starter
crimsonaudio said:
csdien said:
man someone left the Tidefans.com door open again the mods are escaping!
Polluting this fine establishment is more like it...

Good to see ya CA. Glad to see TerryP out and about again smoozing with the Bama folks!
Thanks. You can blame TP for telling me about the secret door knock...

We should probably come up with a new password too, given the riff raff that's infested the place lately.

We'll have to come up with something really original that no one will ever guess. Something like....Saban. Or BAMA. :lol:

That'll stump 'em.
 
Top Bottom