| RECRUIT New 2023 Commits: 3* S Brayson Hubbard and 5* Tony Mitchell

bama alum

5* CB Tony Mitchell from here in Alabaster:

No surprise. Jeremiah and Trequon are already on campus, and his current teammate Peter Woods will (should) commit next week. Alabaster to Tuscaloosa pipeline...Who would have ever seen this five - six years ago?

According to the article, Hubbard showed out at camp and received an offer. He previously was a baseball commit to USM.

Good video!

Last edited:
5* CB Tony Mitchell from here in Alabaster:

No surprise. Jeremiah and Trequon are already on campus, and his current teammate Peter Woods will (should) commit next week. Alabaster to Tuscaloosa pipeline...Who would have ever seen this five - six years ago?

According to the article, Hubbard showed out at camp and received an offer. He previously was a baseball commit to USM.

Good video!

Still good to receive his commitment, because he was really starting to enjoy the recruiting process with Florida and Texas A&M. Would have been a tough one to lose with that Thompson pipeline we've built.

Yeah, Clemson is putting the press on him.
What's the old adage? There are three things you don't discuss around the dinner table; politics, religion, and money? That's not a bad lens; one I apply to recruiting in a general sense.

Money is now on the table no matter the school. There's one of the three.

My opinion of Dameyune Craig was largely set when he started recruiting Jameis. The way he used the race card—or politics if you will—defined my opinion. (I maintain his recruitment fostered a lot of his behavior.)

The respect I have for Dabo has been on a downward trend since he was at Alabama. Woods father, a pastor, has a lot of influence on the decision.

What are we going to talk about at the dinner table now? All three are old news.

One of the three isn't related to Woods. All of the three things mentioned earlier are on the table and the degree to which Dabo plays the religion card here is akin to holding cards up your sleeve. He's not cheating like you would at a game of poker. He's certainly playing carelessly with his face cards, this one Faith. I don't believe it's as blatant as some are describing. At the same time I can't say, "that's impossible."

What's the old adage? There are three things you don't discuss around the dinner table; politics, religion, and money? That's not a bad lens; one I apply to recruiting in a general sense.

My opinion of Dameyune Craig was largely set when he started recruiting Jameis. The way he used the race card—or politics if you will—defined my opinion. (I maintain his recruitment fostered a lot of his behavior.)

The respect I have for Dabo has been on a downward trend since he was at Alabama. Woods father, a pastor, has a lot of influence on the decision.

What are we going to talk about at the dinner table now? All three are old news.

One of the three isn't related to Woods. All of the three things mentioned earlier are on the table and the degree to which Dabo plays the religion card here is akin to holding cards up your sleeve. He's not cheating like you would at a game of poker. He's certainly playing carelessly with his face cards, this one Faith. I don't believe it's as blatant as some are describing. At the same time I can't say, "that's impossible."

I have zero issue with Dabo using his faith as a recruiting tool. If my kids are ever recruits I hope to know the coaches I have watching over them the next few years of their lives have similar faith and use it to teach my kids. You come at me as a Buddhist or Hindu, I cannot relate to that. But I can relate to being a Christian. Now using faith as a lie or just a way to squeeze your way in when you don't practice what you preach is no good to me and even worse than paying a kid money illegally.

If you believe in God, you're a Christian. Everyone is a sinner, whether you grace the doors of a church every time they are open or not. Christianity says you can be forgiven for your sins, over and over and over .............................................. No one is arrow straight or wholly Holy.
I don't know him, but D'Abo's front looks Holier than thou, but he is really not.

Given the opportunity to say Grace before eating at the home of a recruit can be a golden opportunity for a salesman to orate himself into a good spot.

Back
Top Bottom