Need help with a Computer Problem.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Well, I have a 8.1 system. Awhile back, I couldn't get on line. This is what show up, Ethernet Limited and Wi-Fi Limited. I when into the Device Manager than to the Network Adapter flag and that's where I troubleshot the adapters. I ran this troubleshooting and found that the Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapter drivers was the problem. So I updated the Ethernet and Network adapters drivers both are working properly. I can't get on line because it showing I have no connectivity IPv4 and IPv6.

These are some of the steps I have done from the Microsoft page.
Perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check for the exact issue.

Refer the following link to run Network troubleshooter.

Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

Method 2:

Perform the following steps to enable IPV4/IPV6 addresses.

Step: 1

a. Open "Network Connections" window, right click the "Local Area Connection" and click Properties.

b. Select "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"

c. Click OK.

Step: 2

a. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".

b. Right-click the network connection and click "Properties".

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click "Properties".

d. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

e. Click "OK".

f. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties".

g. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

h. Click "OK".

Reboot the computer.

I would suggest you to perform the troubleshooting steps and run the Fix it from the following article to enable IPV6 protocols.

How to disable or enable certain Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) components in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008

Method 3:

I would suggest you to rest TCP/IP and check how it works.

To reset the TCP/IP stack refer this article and follow the instructions.

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Method 4:

Perform the troubleshooting steps from the following link.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Look guys I went to school for this, but this old man been out of the system. I've been told it might be a hardware problem. I was also told to replace the motherboard. I just don't like to replace unless I know it's bad. Right now I'm on my daughter's laptop so please don't make me go back to my backup. That and XP which I do like. But it's as slow as me running! I have try a lot of thing in trying to get my system up and running. Even if you send me something I have try i will try it again.

Thanks, for any help!
rick4bama
Rickey

Sounds almost like a router or IP config issue. Are you using DHCP or are you setting the IP information manually. If the former, check your settings for everything versus the laptop you are using now and see if everything but the local IP matches. If the latter then try setting it to DHCP to see if it starts working again.

Are you connected on ethernet and Wifi at the same time? If so, I would try each independently to see if they may be interfering with one another.

@rocknthefreeworld thanks I will try this. I know that when I ran the command prompt ipconfig. It show nothing, I know it should show IPv4 and IPv6 address. But, the other stuff like WiFi and Ethernet I will have to wait. Grandson here and he got his Xbox 360 with him and he showing me how good he. I will try this Monday. Thank again for input.

Yes, I'm connected on both, it so my wife can have it in the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom