| NEWS NCAA to allow Transfers to play without sitting out a season

Starting next season, major college football and basketball players will be permitted to transfer one time before graduating without being required to sit out a year of competition.

The NCAA Division I Council voted Wednesday to change the long-standing rule that has often deterred players in high-profile sports from switching schools, two people with knowledge of the council's decision told The Associated Press.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity because two-day meeting was still in session and the council's decisions would not become official until it ends Thursday. The Athletic first reported the council's vote.

So. If it isnt this year then To..to..to isnt coming....
Right)?

Sounds like it’s immediate (once they make an official announcement at the end of the meeting).

”Starting this fall semester, all athletes will be operating under the same rules: Transfers will be allowed to play right away.”

To’o To’o’s eligibility clock is turning so he burns a year playing/practicing or not.

Nice, cause Lincoln Riley was keeping his backup from going to TCU. Glad the kid won't miss that opportunity now. I personally don't care if a guy goes inter-conference. One guy isn't bringing your program down.

Nice, cause Lincoln Riley was keeping his backup from going to TCU. Glad the kid won't miss that opportunity now. I personally don't care if a guy goes inter-conference. One guy isn't bringing your program down.
I do not think it is a particular person that is the issue it is the personnel information they have on the current team. After a year or longer not as big of a deal because people get better and rosters/coaches change but real time info could be more problematic. When it is all said they still have to execute on the field but why help the other team?

I do not think it is a particular person that is the issue it is the personnel information they have on the current team. After a year or longer not as big of a deal because people get better and rosters/coaches change but real time info could be more problematic. When it is all said they still have to execute on the field but why help the other team?

I understand what you're saying, but I doubt Saban would allow Maurice Smith at Georgia to beat him with what he knew at Alabama. Lincoln Riley just seems bitter. This is where I feel kids get four/five years to realize a dream. They have a lot of recruiting pitches and lies thrown their way as 15, 16, and 17 year olds. If they feel they made a wrong decision, let them have a one time universal chance to make the right decision. Riley could go to Texas next week and coach and no one would hold him up and he has the most knowledge, so it's bullshit if he could hold a player up.

I understand what you're saying, but I doubt Saban would allow Maurice Smith at Georgia to beat him with what he knew at Alabama. Lincoln Riley just seems bitter. This is where I feel kids get four/five years to realize a dream. They have a lot of recruiting pitches and lies thrown their way as 15, 16, and 17 year olds. If they feel they made a wrong decision, let them have a one time universal chance to make the right decision. Riley could go to Texas next week and coach and no one would hold him up and he has the most knowledge, so it's bullshit if he could hold a player up.
So what are your thoughts about why Saban opposed the Maurice Smith move? Purely a conference process/rules issue or something else?

So what are your thoughts about why Saban opposed the Maurice Smith move? Purely a conference process/rules issue or something else?
I could easily be wrong, but I personally think he was after Kirby more than Smith. I bet he was using the rules to try and make things difficult for a guy that was going about his business the wrong way.

If Saban didn't like that rule, I'd have to disagree with him. Coaches love stockpiling talent even if they don't use it, but it's people's lives we're talking here. They would be learning from the best, but never getting to see if it translates hurts a guy. Maybe the guy isn't good enough to play at Alabama once he gets there, but maybe he'd start at Vanderbilt or Mississippi State.

But worked out....MS made the play that beat AU that year....

Back
Top Bottom