12/18 - 7:00 PM ET*(19) LSULouisiana TechCBS Sports Network
12/18 - 7:00 PM ETGeorge MasonGeorgiaSEC Network + | ESPN+
12/18 - 8:00 PM ETTexas A&MOregon StatePac-12 Network
12/18 - 8:00 PM ET*Hofstra(24) Arkansas
12/18 - 8:00 PM ETSouth CarolinaClemsonACC Network
12/18 - 8:30 PM ETJ'Ville St(6) AlabamaSEC Network
12/18 - 9:00 PM ET(13) AuburnSaint LouisCBS Sports Network

AU with a big win over LSU.

I've criticized LSU's NET ranking (formula) for awhile now. So this doesn't shock me. AU hasn't had the strongest of non-con games but—and maybe this is just based on my feelings about Pearl—a 15 point win over LSU doesn't convince me of anything.

It's early.

Screenshot 2021-12-30 5.44.44 AM.png

Eyes on LSU Tuesday night. They're dedicating the floor to Dale Brown that night giving them what should be a good home court advantage. I wouldn't be shocked to see UK take one on the road.

If there was ever the perfect scenario for a team to slide and slide far? It's this stretch for LSU (click on LSU and look at that schedule.)

Tuesday, January 4, 2022
DATEAWAYHOMEGAME INFO
1/4 - 6:30 PM ET(11) AuburnSouth CarolinaSEC Network
1/4 - 7:00 PM ETTexas A&MGeorgiaESPNU
1/4 - 7:00 PM ET(18) Kentucky(16) LSUESPN
1/4 - 8:30 PM ETVanderbiltArkansasSEC Network

Wednesday night has Bama in Gainesville.

By far the biggest disappointment of the year is Arkansas. I actually had them as my favorite to win the SEC. Still early, but a loss to Hofstra and Mississippi State have me wondering if they're going through the same slump as us.

Kentucky went cold in the last eight minutes. Couldn't finish the game and allowed LSU to comeback and win. Awful loss by Calipari. A lot of their fans are wanting Oats badly. For our sake, I hope he's on board to stick around.

Kentucky went cold in the last eight minutes. Couldn't finish the game and allowed LSU to comeback and win. Awful loss by Calipari. A lot of their fans are wanting Oats badly. For our sake, I hope he's on board to stick around.
Would probably be hard for him to turn it down. UK Basketball is like Bama Football a blue blood.

Would probably be hard for him to turn it down. UK Basketball is like Bama Football a blue blood.
Maybe, but it'd be odd for him to leave right now. He just hauled in the best recruiting class in history. I don't think he'll leave anytime soon.

Kentucky is also not going to fire Calipari after signing a lifetime contract. They'd have to mutually part ways and renegotiate his buyout.

Back
Top Bottom