| NEWS NC State radio voice Gary Hahn suspended after 'illegal aliens' reference - ESPN

S

SEC Sports

NC State radio broadcaster Gary Hahn was suspended indefinitely after referring to "illegal aliens" in El Paso, Texas, during the Wolfpack's 16-12 loss to Maryland in the Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Friday.

Hahn made the comments as he relayed the score of the Sun Bowl, saying, "Down among all the illegal aliens in El Paso, it's UCLA 14 and Pittsburgh 6."

Learfield Communications, the NC State broadcast rights holder, employs Hahn and confirmed the suspension to ESPN.

"LEARFIELD has suspended Wolfpack Sports Network Play-by-Play announcer Gary Hahn from his agreement indefinitely following comments made during today's Duke's Mayo Bowl radio broadcast," Learfield said in a statement.

El Paso officials have declared a state of emergency as migrants have continued to cross into the city from Mexico seeking asylum.

Hahn has been the voice of NC State football and men's basketball since 1991.

If you think you're familiar with his name, you probably are. If you listened to Bama basketball on the radio—circa late 80's into the early 90's—you undoubtedly are familiar with Gary.

He was the play by play guy for CTSN for several years.

I just hope he doesn't puss out and apologize or try to walk it back. He said it, he needs to own it, stand behind it, and admit that, "Hell yes, I said it. And I meant it."

I get so aggravated at people who say things like that, but then they apologize or try to walk it back or some other bullshit. If you say it, own that shit. This country has become too soft and people need to hear stuff like that.

But...guys...its not the-country...its a-few...they just are weak assholes...who are afraid to stand and tell the truth...And standby their convictions...and others shrink down to the vocal minority-thinking loud screaming bunch .....

And that bunch just has/had control of the country...

Back
Top Bottom