| RECRUIT šŸ“° National Signing Day~ Wednesday, Feb. 2nd.

The key will be if Jimbo lands a truly elite QB a la Winston. Heā€™s shown he can keep the talent happy because he lets them get away with just about anything (also a la Winston).
That is certainly true but, maybe itā€™s wishful thinking that the spotlight will be a bit brighter in the SEC rather than when he was in the ACC

Intriguing prospect! Doesn't blow you away with speed, but he's a really fluid athlete and looks smooth. He's got a prototypical body type and looks like a willing blocker.... I can see why CNS moved on him late in the process... He could work into an every down TE.
My glass is always half empty and I believe neither of the TE's Bama signed last year are going be bigtime players. (Ouzts or Caden Clark)

Hopefully these two TE's in the class can play. Tennison didn't get it done and Billingsley's play is still a mystery.

Nick speaks on NIL

Speaking alongside ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit and Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin, Saban first discussed NIL and how he 'draws the line' at using the new legislation to lure recruits into signing.

"I think name, image and likeness is an opportunity for players to work and make money, which they have always been able to do," Saban said. "So it's not a bad thing that they can use their name, image and likeness to do that. I think when we start using name, image and likeness to get a player to come to our school, then that's where I kind of draw the line. Because that's not why we did this."
Yep, itā€™s always the same when feel good policies are implemented in a knee jerk fashion. They always result in numerous unintended consequences and since the 1960ā€™s our nation has been harmed numerous times in numerous ways because of them.

Nick speaks on NIL

Speaking alongside ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit and Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin, Saban first discussed NIL and how he 'draws the line' at using the new legislation to lure recruits into signing.

"I think name, image and likeness is an opportunity for players to work and make money, which they have always been able to do," Saban said. "So it's not a bad thing that they can use their name, image and likeness to do that. I think when we start using name, image and likeness to get a player to come to our school, then that's where I kind of draw the line. Because that's not why we did this."

'Is This What We Want College Football To Be?' Volume 5 - By Nick Saban

Letā€™s just see what A&M can do with all of that talent, you still have to be able to keep them happy and coach them. Iā€™ll take a top five class all year with the way saving coaches versus getting the number one class and have Jimbo coach
Well it one thing to get the No#1 class of players! But it another to get them all playing the game the right way! .

-- ā€œI donā€™t think Bill is trying to leave,ā€ Saban says of Bill Oā€™Brien. ā€œI think heā€™s looking forward to that challenge.ā€ Saban did acknowledge how the NFLā€™s calendar was pushed later into February and how this was the first time he was not able to attend the Senior Bowl. But Saban indicated no departure from Oā€™Brien is imminent. ā€œWe have no indication of that, other than what yā€™all put on the Internet right now, which is a lot of maybes. Weā€™re not trying to address anything that might happen.ā€

Jimbo is clearly triggered because he knows his secret sauce was uncovered. Bryce Young, a Sophomore at the time, collecting NIL money from sponsors is a hell of a lot different than a high school senior being paid to pick your school. Nice try though, dumbass.

PS. I have never liked Jimbo. My dislike of him doubled with him coddling Jameis Winston at Florida State. Not many I dislike more than his arrogance and slimey business side

-- ā€œI donā€™t think Bill is trying to leave,ā€ Saban says of Bill Oā€™Brien. ā€œI think heā€™s looking forward to that challenge.ā€ Saban did acknowledge how the NFLā€™s calendar was pushed later into February and how this was the first time he was not able to attend the Senior Bowl. But Saban indicated no departure from Oā€™Brien is imminent. ā€œWe have no indication of that, other than what yā€™all put on the Internet right now, which is a lot of maybes. Weā€™re not trying to address anything that might happen.ā€

Most of the O'Brien stuff is people just assuming he was gone regardless (or in some cases wishcasting because they want him gone). There is certainly a possibility that he will leave (possibly for the Patriots OC spot if offered), but it was/is far from the foregone conclusion that many seem to believe. Said weeks ago that O'Brien legitimately likes it here (as does his family which is really important for other reasons), is committed to his 2 year contract, and would only leave for a really good situation in the NFL, not just any job. Marrone on the other hand was out on the first train regardless, with or without him.

Wanted to share this and say he just visited Texas A&M this week. Was the #1 recruit at a point for 2023, but has slid back, but still a high five star. Georgia boy.

Yeah, Jimbo still stroking checks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-092820_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-092820_Instagram.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 5
Most of the O'Brien stuff is people just assuming he was gone regardless (or in some cases wishcasting because they want him gone). There is certainly a possibility that he will leave (possibly for the Patriots OC spot if offered), but it was/is far from the foregone conclusion that many seem to believe. Said weeks ago that O'Brien legitimately likes it here (as does his family which is really important for other reasons), is committed to his 2 year contract, and would only leave for a really good situation in the NFL, not just any job. Marrone on the other hand was out on the first train regardless, with or without him.
You did say that. I try not to overanalyze Saban's comment... Part of me wants BOB gone, but Part of me wants BOB to stay and improve on few things. Depsite the fact Young had a great season, I still think both can improve a lot. Young needs a continuity with HC. Great opportunity for coaching staff to come up with new stuff this fall. For some reason, He might go back and watch some tapes of Kiffin/Daboll/Sark and pull few stuff that would benefit Young.

If BOB gone, then we'll be okay either way.

Back
Top Bottom