| FTBL My only issue with Bryce

'65 Cobra

I'm loving Bryce... He is so cool under pressure and nobody throws a better swing pass that I've ever seen. My only issue with him is holding the ball too long and, related, not taking off running at times. All too often, he ends up taking a sack or throws it away. I don't understand what the root cause is. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

I think he is playing great. I personally do not see him holding the ball to long. I do see the pass protection issues and it has been his ability to move in the pocket even if just a little bit that has taken bad protection and turned it into a successful play. He also has an extremely quick release and can throw with different arm angles. Honestly I think especially in these areas this guy is elite.

I agree mando. One of my major concerns this year with this team is our offensive line. We had difficulty last night running the ball. We have great running backs, so the failure falls on the offensive line in my opinion. They are also letting the opposing teams to penetrate, putting Bryce Young with little time to operate. I don't understand it, because we have recruited so many 4 and 5 star offensive linemen .

Viles had a good plan when we got into 2nd/3rd and 6+ yards. They often dropped 8 into coverage, brought someone on delayed blitz and our receivers were not finding any holes to settle down in. Several times he stood back for what seemed like an eternity but still wound up throwing it away or the delayed rush caused him to scramble producing some positive and some negative results. I can tell you the kid has to be sore today!

He's learning how to use the legs well.... He was really impressive on the move last night.

And in his defense, even on some completed throws, he was getting hit all night. Under the circumstances he showed a lot of great qualities!

I like what I see in Bryce and I agree with the fact that the Oline is causing problems for him. I also think that in his mind he knows if he gets hurt that Tyson won't be able to produce nearly as well.

He & every other person 3 states surrounding Tuscaloosa knows that.

They are just going to have to consistently insert his scrambling abilities into play calling from now on. Especially playing against UGA's front 7. I think Delacourt will be disembowled on national TV by UGA's 2 nosetackles so Young better have his best Russell Wilson impression ready.

IMO, I think some of the issue is him being a first year starting QB in the SEC. There are have been growing pains on when to run, when to pass and when to throw the ball away. Those tangibles come with game experience. Last year, he was in a back up role and basically turned around and handed the ball off, much like Tyson is doing now when he gets in the game. I think BY has done a fine job overall and look for him to get even better as he matures into his role as QB.

IMO, I think some of the issue is him being a first year starting QB in the SEC. There are have been growing pains on when to run, when to pass and when to throw the ball away. Those tangibles come with game experience. Last year, he was in a back up role and basically turned around and handed the ball off, much like Tyson is doing now when he gets in the game. I think BY has done a fine job overall and look for him to get even better as he matures into his role as QB.
I really loved the runs this week
BUT
Make sure they are important
Losing BY makes for a sad rolltidebama forum

Saban made a point to say they don't have designed runs for him, but I wish they would throw a couple in. Regardless, his ability to scramble is now something defenses are going to have to pay closer attention to, especially in the redzone. That's only going to make things easier in other areas....

Saban made a point to say they don't have designed runs for him, but I wish they would throw a couple in. Regardless, his ability to scramble is now something defenses are going to have to pay closer attention to, especially in the redzone. That's only going to make things easier in other areas....

His scrambling ability is as good as his ability to move within the pocket and deliver the ball downfield. He makes subtle fakes and keeps defenders on skates. He's really, really good at it. Just have to hold on to the ball near the GL.

Back
Top Bottom