| FTBL My hat is off to...

I

imported_Porter

Josh Chapman, Dont'a Hightower, Julio Jones, Roy Upchurch, John Parker Wilson and Leigh Tiffin. All played great games. As for Chapman, this doesn't come as a huge surprise, but he answered some questions of folks who hadn't paid much attention to him in the past... including Mel Kiper Jr, who before the game (on ESPN radio) wondered aloud who in the world was going to be able to fill in for Cody.

Coffee, Upchurch, J.P (who was 11/11 in the second half!) , Julio, and most of all our freshmen who stepped up tonight like chapman, Brad Smelley, Chris Oakley (or is it will oakley? either way both had two key passes in the early part of the second half) !!!

HEY VOLS! :D

Colin said:
Coffee, Upchurch, J.P (who was 11/11 in the second half!) , Julio, and most of all our freshmen who stepped up tonight like chapman, Brad Smelley, Chris Oakley (or is it will oakley? either way both had two key passes in the early part of the second half) !!!

HEY VOLS! :D

Will. He's a senior too.

Porter said:
Josh Chapman, Dont'a Hightower, Julio Jones, Roy Upchurch, John Parker Wilson and Leigh Tiffin. All played great games. As for Chapman, this doesn't come as a huge surprise, but he answered some questions of folks who hadn't paid much attention to him in the past... including Mel Kiper Jr, who before the game (on ESPN radio) wondered aloud who in the world was going to be able to fill in for Cody.

I agree.

I would also like to include Smelley & Oakley for some timely catches, as well as the kick off and punt coverage teams for laying some hits and preventing any significant return.

Heck, I want to tip my hat to the whole squad. What a team effort! I saw some solid blocking and tackling by Alabama tonight. I also liked how the defense made Tennessee's O work for whatever they could scratch out.

For me, that's as close to a complete game we've played all year. Hope it serves as a springboard for the stretch run.

bear facts said:
Porter said:

I agree.

I would also like to include Smelley & Oakley for some timely catches, as well as the kick off and punt coverage teams for laying some hits and preventing any significant return.

Heck, I want to tip my hat to the whole squad. What a team effort! I saw some solid blocking and tackling by Alabama tonight. I also liked how the defense made Tennessee's O work for whatever they could scratch out.

For me, that's as close to a complete game we've played all year. Hope it serves as a springboard for the stretch run.

Saban said after the game it was the best game, and most complete game, they have played since the opener against Clemson. He was very pleased with the effort and intensity of the team.

Outlaw said:
You want to tip your hat to me as well? I cheered pretty hard from my chair. :D

:lol: :lol:
Okay, I'll just tip my hat to the entire Bama Nation.

Best part about tonight was not hearing "Rocky Top" played too much and also seeing all those empty seats in Neyland Stadium around the 9:00 mark.

I guess some Vol fans just weren't in the mood to listen to "Rammer Jammer." :D

I was very impressed with Upchurch. He did great job of bouncing the run outside when there was nowhere to go and made some beautiful cuts into the holes. JPW played another great game. Julio will only get better... and that's scary. Hightower was very impressive.

What I found to be most exciting was: Saban had nothing bad to say about the game. I was shocked. :wink:

bear facts said:
Outlaw said:
You want to tip your hat to me as well? I cheered pretty hard from my chair. :D

:lol: :lol:
Okay, I'll just tip my hat to the entire Bama Nation.

Best part about tonight was not hearing "Rocky Top" played too much and also seeing all those empty seats in Neyland Stadium around the 9:00 mark.

I guess some Vol fans just weren't in the mood to listen to "Rammer Jammer." :D
I resemble those remarks. I'm extremely proud of everyone involved. ;sal ;sal

And one of the exciting things about all this is...being such a young team...these guys are only going to improve. Ah, the future is bright.

Back
Top Bottom