| FTBL My favorite AU excuse has been pulled out!!

Argo said:
If that's #1, here's #2....

Last year... We were at South Carolina... and a laptop was stolen from the hotel where Auburn was staying. Inside that computer was the offense.

Nuff said.

Teams are circulating this.

I knew that was going to show up here. It was sarcasm first of all. But, take a look at the rest of that thread and you will see him getting ripped a new one for posting that nonsense. Including the following post by yours truly:

Well, that's in interesting conspiracy theory. But I doubt it's true.

Any rival fans that read this will laught their tails off at Auburn fans saying the reason we lost to USF is because USF has our playbook, when there is absolutely no evidence to support that.

Even if another team's coaching staff had our entire playbook on a laptop on the sideline or in the press box, their defense still has to see what we are doing and react to it in play.

At best, it would be a study tool for coaches to be able to game plan. It would not be something that every defensive player would know what we are going to run on every play.

Our offense has been bad because of too many turnovers, too many dropped passes, can't run the ball as effectively as we need to, don't get first downs, too many 3rd-and-longs, etc. That's execution, not playbook.

There are also a few doofuses making excuses like: the fans need to go back to wearing blue instead of orange, we flew the wrong eagle before the game, the band's new uniforms are unlucky, etc.

I don't take those "excuses" as legitimate whatsoever, and most AU fans agree.

There is no excuse. We played poorly. We got beat. Period.

Nothing to do now but move forward and try to fix the numerous and severe problems we have on offense.

circledrill said:
Argo said:
If that's #1, here's #2....

Last year... We were at South Carolina... and a laptop was stolen from the hotel where Auburn was staying. Inside that computer was the offense.

Nuff said.

Teams are circulating this.

I knew that was going to show up here. It was sarcasm first of all. But, take a look at the rest of that thread and you will see him getting ripped a new one for posting that nonsense. Including the following post by yours truly:

Well, that's in interesting conspiracy theory. But I doubt it's true.

Any rival fans that read this will laught their tails off at Auburn fans saying the reason we lost to USF is because USF has our playbook, when there is absolutely no evidence to support that.

Even if another team's coaching staff had our entire playbook on a laptop on the sideline or in the press box, their defense still has to see what we are doing and react to it in play.

At best, it would be a study tool for coaches to be able to game plan. It would not be something that every defensive player would know what we are going to run on every play.

Our offense has been bad because of too many turnovers, too many dropped passes, can't run the ball as effectively as we need to, don't get first downs, too many 3rd-and-longs, etc. That's execution, not playbook.

There are also a few doofuses making excuses like: the fans need to go back to wearing blue instead of orange, we flew the wrong eagle before the game, the band's new uniforms are unlucky, etc.

I don't take those "excuses" as legitimate whatsoever, and most AU fans agree.

There is no excuse. We played poorly. We got beat. Period.

Nothing to do now but move forward and try to fix the numerous and severe problems we have on offense.

Out of respect for sane members of that website, I made sure NOT to post where it came from. Thanks for setting us straight.

bamafan4ever said:
Guys, you have to remember that this team is young. Even CTT has been quoted as saying this is the youngest, most inexperienced team that he has ever had at Auburn and may be the youngest he has ever had in his head coaching career.

:lol:

That is their ace in the hole excuse after every loss, no matter the opponent, no matter the season. Funny though that most of the blame for the loss is being thrown at Cox, when that dude was the oldest fella on the field last night. Probably older than some of the GA's.

Something else people shouldn’t forget is Tubby’s proclamation after the 2004 season that “everybody wants to come here (meaning Auburn)”. If that was true, then shouldn’t a lot of the recruits he got from that class where “everybody” wanted to come to the barn now be on the field? I mean, if EVERYBODY wanted to go to the barn that year, either it wasn’t a good year for recruiting (there were no really good players to recruit) or the barner coaches made A LOT of bad choices.

To be fair to Auburn (do I have to be? :roll: ), USF ain't Nicholls State. Their first-day enrollment this year at their main campus was just under 45,000 students. Given the good high school football played in and around Tampa, it's likely that the Bulls will come up with a good team at some point. It appears they have this year. Time will tell.

Still tickled me, though.

Back
Top Bottom