| LIFE Musing on a lazy Monday afternoon...went to Family Dollar a few minutes ago and they gave me a paper bag.

TerryP

Staff
This may seem like a weird observation; perhaps it is.

I remember when they stopped using paper bags because it was an environmental threat: save the trees.

So everyone went to plastic...which is now banned in some states?

Am I the only one saying, WTF?

I had 52 items in my last grocery order (delivered.) 33 bags. Why? Two gallons of milk in one bag, another separate bag for taco shells? And another with Tortilla Chips...and another with...

Makes no sense to me.

I remember when they stopped using paper bags because it was an environmental threat: save the trees.

I had 52 items in my last grocery order (delivered.) 33 bags. Why? Two gallons of milk in one bag, another separate bag for taco shells? And another with Tortilla Chips...and another with...

Makes no sense to me.
One acre of hemp produces twice as much oil as one acre of peanuts, and nearly four times as much fiber pulp (for paper) as an acre of trees. On an annual basis, 1 acre of hemp will produce as much paper as 2 to 4 acres of trees.

Produces oil vs a byproduct of petroleum. At least twice the pulp production. I haven’t jumped head first into preconceived notions but I can see 2 conflicts of interest. There has never been anything wrong with paper it is what it was made with and how.

Makes no sense to me.
The wife would have them in two separate bags and both double too! We go out to, shopping.

The wife would have them in two separate bags and both double too! We go out to, shopping.
Why bag them? You are putting something with a handle on it into something with handles to carry. 🤷‍♂️

Here's one for you. You won't "identify," so to speak. See if you can find a state where it's the law you have to bag a beer. Yet, everywhere you go, cashiers will bag them insisting it's the law.

Speaking of crazy...stopped in the store the other day and my friend's pint of Dr. Pepper cost more than my 24 oz can of Yuengling. It's economical to drink beer when you're out and about. :devilish:

Why bag them? You are putting something with a handle on it into something with handles to carry. 🤷‍♂️

Here's one for you. You won't "identify," so to speak. See if you can find a state where it's the law you have to bag a beer. Yet, everywhere you go, cashiers will bag them insisting it's the law.

Speaking of crazy...stopped in the store the other day and my friend's pint of Dr. Pepper cost more than my 24 oz can of Yuengling. It's economical to drink beer when you're out and about. :devilish:
My wife. I don't drink so I wouldn't know. The only time I saw this was in Germany, But now if we talk about orange drink that would cost the most.

My wife. I don't drink so I wouldn't know. The only time I saw this was in Germany, But now if we talk about orange drink that would cost the most.
I bought the cashier a Fanta Orange the other day...$3.19.

Do you remember back in the Covid days I was bitching about no change and the 7-11? Pissed me off. So, I decided to take a different approach. I've been making them keep all my pennies for going on three years now.

Haven't paid for a cup of coffee.
Haven't paid for ice.
Haven't paid for a fountain drink.
Haven't paid for a donut in the morning if I choose.

Sage wisdom from a dumbass here, Rickey. When you invert everything...you laugh.

Back
Top Bottom