| FTBL Motley injury

Sapp888 said:
Porterhouse, do you know what kind of player the backup Lorenzo Washington is?

I'll just say that nose tackle was our thinnest position in terms of depth. Hopefully Washington will step up, but losing Motley will/would be a major blow to an already weak defensive front.

yea that's a huge hit, one of those suckers that hit ya just right and takes your breath away leaving you squirming on the floor for what feels like 10 minutes.

Crap is about all i have to say right now .. crap crap crap. I'd say worse but it just puts a buncha stars in it.

I feel sick. :?

Motley is such a good kid. He brought life and energy to our line. I really think he was going to be the start of something special and now this.... :( .

i had no idea it was this serious. if he's out that long, it's going to be a loooooooooong season. this really sucks.

i can just see it now: Ark, FSU, Georgia, Tenn, LSU, and Auburn just running it down our throats.

&mad

OK so now we have one NT if Chapman cannot go. They better start prepping some o-lineman because we have 1 NT now. This sucks. SUCKS!

bamabarney said:
IF Chapman is elgiable, I guess he will be 2nd string, if not could L. Davis move over to NT or maybe Deaderick?

Certainly possible. Alfred McCullough (who is currently at NT) and Jeremy Elder would probably both get reps as well. If things got really bad, Justin Britt could moving back could even be a possibility, but I doubt it will get to that point.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070828/SPORTS/70828042/-1/NEWS05

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama nose tackle Brian Motley suffered an injury in Tuesday afternoon's practice session that is likely to sideline the redshirt freshman for the season opener.

A family member confirmed on Tuesday night that Motley's parents, Franklin and Patsy, went to Tuscaloosa to see their son, who had suffered "a broken bone on the outside of his ankle" in practice. Calls to Patsy Motley's cell phone were not returned.

Jeff Purington, the football media relations director for the Crimson Tide, said Tide coach Nick Saban was in a staff meeting on Tuesday night and Purington was uncertain of Motley's status.

Motley was scheduled to start the Crimson Tide's season opener with Western Carolina on Saturday after fighting off challenges from sophomore Lorenzo Washington and true freshmen Josh Chapman and Alfred McCullough.

Motley had already suffered a broken bone in his right hand a little more than a week ago, but had his hand fitted with a special cast and had been cleared by doctors to start on Saturday. He would have been the first Autaugaville High graduate to start for a Division I-A football program.

Instead, that start likely will fall to Washington, a highly recruited defensive tackle out of Logansville, Ga., in 2004 who went to Hargrave Military Academy before enrolling at Alabama in 2005. He was redshirted that season and played 32 snaps over seven games in 2006.

He suffered a torn pectoral muscle in offseason workouts and missed virtually all of spring practice with the injury, but had battled back to earn second-team status behind Motley.

--Tim Gayle

Argo said:
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070828/SPORTS/70828042/-1/NEWS05

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama nose tackle Brian Motley suffered an injury in Tuesday afternoon's practice session that is likely to sideline the redshirt freshman for the season opener.

A family member confirmed on Tuesday night that Motley's parents, Franklin and Patsy, went to Tuscaloosa to see their son, who had suffered "a broken bone on the outside of his ankle" in practice. Calls to Patsy Motley's cell phone were not returned.

Jeff Purington, the football media relations director for the Crimson Tide, said Tide coach Nick Saban was in a staff meeting on Tuesday night and Purington was uncertain of Motley's status.

Motley was scheduled to start the Crimson Tide's season opener with Western Carolina on Saturday after fighting off challenges from sophomore Lorenzo Washington and true freshmen Josh Chapman and Alfred McCullough.

Motley had already suffered a broken bone in his right hand a little more than a week ago, but had his hand fitted with a special cast and had been cleared by doctors to start on Saturday. He would have been the first Autaugaville High graduate to start for a Division I-A football program.

Instead, that start likely will fall to Washington, a highly recruited defensive tackle out of Logansville, Ga., in 2004 who went to Hargrave Military Academy before enrolling at Alabama in 2005. He was redshirted that season and played 32 snaps over seven games in 2006.

He suffered a torn pectoral muscle in offseason workouts and missed virtually all of spring practice with the injury, but had battled back to earn second-team status behind Motley.

--Tim Gayle

Thanks Argo.

Hopefully Motley will have a full and speedy recovery.

Great we have 2 Freshman as back-ups with a possibility of a 3rd if you count Chapman. McCullough is pretty massive (317) and Elder has some speed. Hope they whip into shape and become mean NT's soon.

Back
Top Bottom