| NEWS Mortimer Jordan High - What Happened Today

You guys that are closer to the ‘Ham, what happened to the male high school teacher at Mortimer Jordan HS this morning? Says a male teacher was killed in a bus incident. No other details from the articles I saw. Strange and very sad either way.

He was indeed doing his pre-trip inspection when he got pinned by the bus. I have a lot of friends in that area and several of them work there. They really need your thoughts, prayers and support.

Terrible news. Thank you guys for the updated info. I wasn’t sure if it was an accident or something else. Really sad to hear. I have great admiration for school bus drivers even though I didn’t appreciate mine for 11 years groaning up like I should have.
My Dad taught and drove a bus at old Warrior HS across the river from Jordan for 31 years. Bus drivers, like teachers, are a special breed. They don’t get paid enough to deal with what they get for basically an hour and a half a day. The entire education community up in that area are hurting because of this tragedy. Corner, Warrior, Jordan, Gardendale, and Fultondale communities are a tight group, even though they fight like cats and dogs in sports.

He had retired from is church last April and was attending a Bham metro church with his children/grandchildren. Buses were parked nose to nose and his rolled into him at about 10mph I was told. It was instant. Great guy and a huge Bama fan. Actually got me to looking at Tusc News board for football info before the paywall.

Back
Top Bottom