| FTBL Moon says maybe we're a cursed program

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
It Takes Eleven said:
This guy has to be a student intern. He's not really a journalist, is he?

No I'd say prove it frist..

Did the story not come from Miami? Thus one could take the side of well look at the source. Then that should tell how much to put into it. :wink:

Now that being said how come so much is being made over Saban and not USC program with Mr.Bush? With all the money that he supposably acquired :shock:

The guy's an idiot

He has no idea what he's talkin about. I've read articles by him b4, and the always some crackpot rumor that he cooked up off the top of his head. Im sick of this guy.

Just so you guys will know from someone who reads the MA everyday, Moon is an aub grad, and loves to stir the pot. He is a Finebaum/Scarbinsky wanta be without the writing skills. Hell, the best column he writes is a joint movie review he and his wife does together. He is also the ASU beat writer, occasional sports columnist, that has a hard towards Saban since day one.

First, there was the whole uproar about him leaving after assuring everyone that he wasn't leaving.
Doesn't every coach say this at one time or another?

Then you had the guy calling someone a "coonass."
No. Actually, he didn't. He used the term in relating a story a friend (from LSU, of all places) told him about a Coonass.

Then it was the idiotic media restrictions.
Ah. The truth comes out. Joshie-poo's feeling left out of the loop.

Then it was the demands of secrecy he made of boosters.
Josh is also mad 'cause, maybe, a source dried up.

Now, we've got him allegedly talking to three recruits in Miami and violating NCAA rules.
I think the jury's sitll out on this, but this is a minor violation, isn't it?

Josh needs to get a life. His being a graduate of the Barn explains a lot. If he believes in curses, I could swing over to New Orleans and pick up a Josh Moon voodoo doll and some pins to stick in it.

Bama Bo said:
Just so you guys will know from someone who reads the MA everyday, Moon is an aub grad, and loves to stir the pot. He is a Finebaum/Scarbinsky wanta be without the writing skills. Hell, the best column he writes is a joint movie review he and his wife does together. He is also the ASU beat writer, occasional sports columnist, that has a hard towards Saban since day one.

That explains everything :roll:

This guy rambled on and on and on about a parallel that never made sense. Talking to a recruit out of season is basically the same as screwing a whore at a night club on the University credit card? Laugh my F'in ass off! Not only is this load of crap stupid, its not even written well enough to be in a newspaper. This is freakin halarious. Moon needs to go back to English 101 before he permanently scars the state capital's periodical. I'm embarrassed for them. :roll:

Now, I know that as sure I'm writing this, the response from Crimson Tide fans will be that the media is making mountains out of mole hills, that we don't like Saban and we're out to get him. And you know what, you might have a bit of a point.

I think he just incriminated himself, did he not?

I think this guy is the one who doesn't get it. Saban left because he (after two season in the NFL) decided that college was more to his and his wife's liking. I wish I could just punch him in the face. Saban has explained why he left but hey do not want to let it go. What an idiot.

gary funderburk said:
I think this guy is the one who doesn't get it. Saban left because he (after two season in the NFL) decided that college was more to his and his wife's liking. I wish I could just punch him in the face. Saban has explained why he left but hey do not want to let it go. What an idiot.

I agree Saban's heart was in the college game, and it was more of a family decision. There is no shame in making a decision with is family in mind. But, you failed to mention he was also in a division with Bill Belicheck and Eric Mangini -- and He butchered the Drew Brees/Culpepper deal ... which set the Dolphins back.

GoodScotch said:
But, you failed to mention he was also in a division with Bill Belicheck and Eric Mangini -- and He butchered the Drew Brees/Culpepper deal ... which set the Dolphins back.

So you think the Alabama coaching job is a path of least resistance? I don't buy that. His heart (and ego) are in the college game where he has more control over his own destiny.

GoodScotch said:
But, you failed to mention he was also in a division with Bill Belicheck and Eric Mangini -- and He butchered the Drew Brees/Culpepper deal ... which set the Dolphins back.

He didn't butcher that deal. The Dolphins team physicians did. It is a pretty well known fact in the NFL that Saban wanted Brees more than Culpepper, but the Dr's advised Saban that Brees was a much higher injury risk (shoulder vs knee) for the '06 season and long term. Obviously, things worked out in the exact opposite fashion... but to act like Saban chose Culpepper over Brees (based on talent) is misleading. If both were perfectly healthy, Saban would have picked Brees every day of the week.

gary funderburk said:

Thank you, Mr. Bishop.

Back
Top Bottom