| BSB/SB MLB Opening Day...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
@bama alum caught opening day at Wrigley for the Cubs and Brewers. I don't get nearly excited about opening day as I used to get... partly I guess because my favorite team (AZ) is satisfied with mediocrity, but mostly because of how much MLB has changed in recent years with rules and such. I still love it, enjoy it, and watch it... but my overall enthusiasm for it has declined. Still few things better than the sights and sounds of a ballpark though...

How many MLB fans do we have here these days? And what team do you pull for?

I'm still a MLB fan, though my enthusiasm, like yours, has waned over the years.

Long time Braves fan, but it's mainly just been checking scores the last several years.

Also have a soft spot for the Yankees organization.

I'm still a MLB fan, though my enthusiasm, like yours, has waned over the years.

Long time Braves fan, but it's mainly just been checking scores the last several years.

Also have a soft spot for the Yankees organization.

Yankees are my 2nd favorite team. They were my dad's favorite team plus they are the Alabama of MLB... so I'll always like them.

Love some Brett. I was a Braves fan until 1986, when I had an awakening. haha
I remember KC and the Yankees play, Brett hit a home run! Billy M. goes out to the Ump and talk to him about something. The Ump walk over to the KC dug out ask for Brett bat. He looks it over then call Brett out. It seems that Brett bat has to much pine tar on it? Brett wasn't so please about the out come!

Grew up Mantle and Yankees like most in 60s....
Lived in Dalonega GA ( hour n halffrom stadium) and got to go to lots of Braves games....when there was very very few in stands...got to take son and daughter....
They got to meet players n get autographs...Murphy, and others

But the player strikes...soured me...
And havent watched a game in many years..

Bravos fan. I always played baseball and never cared so much to watch through college basically because it's too slow to watch when you're used to being in the game and your mind is going 100mph. Now I can sit back and try to relax more and hope for a slow down in life, so I have it on in the background more. My son started watching a couple years ago, so now our interest is up due to that and him playing. Will get to go to a number of games this year.

Grew up Mantle and Yankees like most in 60s....
Lived in Dalonega GA ( hour n halffrom stadium) and got to go to lots of Braves games....when there was very very few in stands...got to take son and daughter....
They got to meet players n get autographs...Murphy, and others

But the player strikes...soured me...
And havent watched a game in many years..
You remember the Atlanta Crackers?

No. Remember reading and hearing about them
Birmingham Barons was my radio team
Play by play was ticker tape.

Then were A's. Saw a lot of big mlb stars play in Birmingham

Dad would put me on bus and I would ride back n forth to Rickwood
The only way I remember them was my brother-in-law would watch them with my nephew. The games were on TV back in the 1960.

Braves then Yankees here too.

Pawpaw Bowling watched the Yankee's because he grew up in the depression listening to the only baseball team on the radio.

Pawpaw Wright watched the Braves on TBS whenever I visited. He called me little Ramma-Jamma.

Took my youngest son to his first MLB game with the Brave's Vs Philly opening day game in 2018... Nick Markakis hit a walkoff homerun. He's been hooked since.

I am a Braves/Cardinals fan, primarily Braves. Was at many games when there were 5,000 in September at Fulton Co. Stadium in the 70's. Mostly ALABAMA and North Carolina licenses plates in the parking lot.

Lived in STL for 3.5 years and you can't help but love their love for baseball there. Just so contagious.

Back
Top Bottom