| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Missouri Upsets Alabama, 92-86

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 15/20 Alabama will play its first home-and-home partner of the 2021-22 season when it travels to Columbia, Mo., to take on the Missouri Tigers on Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. CT on SEC Network. The Tigers will play the return game in Tuscaloosa in exactly two weeks on Jan. 22 (SEC Network/5 p.m. CT).

Saturday's contest will mark the 12th meeting between Missouri and Alabama as SEC rivals and the 18th contest overall in the series history. The Tide owns an 11-6 edge in the all-time series, with Alabama having won seven of the last 10 games. However, Mizzou has won two consecutive – both coming in Mizzou Arena where the Tigers own a 4-3 edge. It is also one of just three SEC arenas that coach Nate Oats has yet to win (Arkansas, Missouri and Texas A&M).

The Crimson Tide is coming off a well-earned 83-70 victory at Florida last Wednesday night to earn the team's first true road win of the season (Gonzaga was played in Seattle and considered a semi-away game). All five Alabama starters reached double figures as the Tide collected a season high 13 steals and 20 offensive rebounds while forcing the Gators into 20 turnovers to earn its third win in the last four trips to Gainesville.

The Broadcast​

• Saturday's game will be available on SEC Network with Roy Philpott (play-by-play) and Mark Wise (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

I sure hope today’s terrible performance is an indication Bama was looking ahead to Tuesdays game with the barn. If not, that game with the barn is going to be….Ugly..UGLY…UGly.

I swear that Oats teams look like a high school coached team at times. When you go on the road if you do not bring effort you will get buried. That in my mind is what happened today especially to start the game and the start of the 2nd half. No energy or effort on the Defensive end and then Oats not calling a timeout to stop the bleeding when Mizzou pushed it to an 18 point lead. Come on Oats call a timeout to see if you can make an adjustment and let the team get recentered. Also when you let JD run point instead of JQ there is going to be issues.

Hate to be one of those sky is falling types but not so sure this is not going to be a .500 team in the SEC this year. Hope I will eat those words and it is the frustration of the loss talking.

Back
Top Bottom