| FTBL Mike Shula---did your opinion change?

Did the loss to Mississippi State change your opinion of Mike Shula?

• Total voters
I think this poll needs more choices:

1) Yes, I was a supporter, now I'm a doubter
2) No, I was and still am a supporter
3) No, I thought we should have let him go two years ago
4) Yes, I was a doubter, now I'm a believer! I love how he coached our guys up for that MSU game.

Without knowing someone's opinion prior to the MSU game, it's hard to really tell the impact of this game. I had to say NO cause I've had a negative opinion of the guy since '03, so yesterday didn't change my opinion of him, it reinforced it. Yet it appears by my vote, I still think he's the guy. :?

I voted yes and I will explain.

State did not have more talent on that football field. LOOK at what Oklahoma has done this year with the fall out they faced before the season even started. I can't find anything and I mean anything to explain this let down. Home field advantage, more talent, yet we still look really bad. :?

Yes, you can look at Okla and some other programs that had some very serious issues and see that changes were made and good decisions too. We are not seeing that at Bama. Why????????? Don't know. It's a puzzle to all of us unless you're in the know (Bama power brokers).

We the fans do know that we're not going to be filling BDS seats ($$$$$$$) to see a bunch of slouchy playing and listen to excuses every Saturday after the game. It's time to change SOMETHING/SOMEONE and now!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the top echelon at Bama doesn't understand that; then they are in for a very RUDE awakening within the next year. Such as:

1. Recruiting will fall off significantly
2. BDS will have less fans in it and cost the Univ some $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
3. Bama merchandise sales will fall off as well costing some $$$$$$$$.

IF the top echelon can't understand those three things; we're in trouble for a very LONG, LONG time and will be sharing time with VU, UK and MSU in the SEC basement.

Well, I was ok with Shula and I expected to win this one and lose the last two and I didnt think it mattered and he would be back next year and 07 would be his actual year that he had to do something. Well, now I am concerned. After yesterday, I sat back and looked at all our previous games. Not our losses, but out victories. All of them, even FIU, were lackluster.

I understand and have always said, that I believe this year is the worst year for the effect of our sanctins. But dang, a coach has to be able to do something better than what we have done all year.

I also still believe that no mater what Shula is back next year. With the exp the guys should have, wtih JPW, Hall, Brown and Johns coming back, there should be no reason that our offense does not fire on all cylinders. Even if its only a four cylinder, they all should fire. This year, we got a V8 but only about 3 5 of the are firing....

I voted yes

I tell ya why, first and foremost I dont mind losing if we put ourselves in the position against better teams and dont win but against msu....???<<<< Mothe(*&^((&*(*(*( you got to be kidding me ~~~~~ here is a phone con of one of my best friends this morning
'
me: Hey man you see the game?

him: Yep , what a f#^$^ joke

me: I just cannot believe we are that bad and getting worse

him: Well that stupid m^^&(*^ needs to fire himself after that sh#&

me: Two more games left though

him: For what so I can get called a f&$^ idiot and a has been

me: Relax we are a young team, we'll be ok in 07

him: Young my ass he has had 4 years and they cant score 2 TD's against a bulldog team that sucks more than Kerry??

me: Its not the players though

him: Hell we will be lucky if they show up next year, if things dont change we will have seen the best last year and never again till they fire shula.

me: Well I gotta run its not worth even talking about

him: Your right and you know thats the sadest thing of all I used to get goose bumps and nervous before BAMA games, now I know we will play like crap and either give it away or not even be in it at all. Oh well there is always next year I guess sad part is I aint even excited and thats the first time ever in my life.. see ya at the gym

me: Ok,, later....

W8LIFTR said:
I voted yes

I tell ya why, first and foremost I dont mind losing if we put ourselves in the position against better teams and dont win but against msu....???<<<< Mothe(*&^((&*(*(*( you got to be kidding me ~~~~~ here is a phone con of one of my best friends this morning
'

him: Young my ass he has had 4 years and they cant score 2 TD's against a bulldog team that sucks more than Kerry??

him: Hell we will be lucky if they show up next year, if things dont change we will have seen the best last year and never again till they fire shula.

him: Your right and you know thats the sadest thing of all I used to get goose bumps and nervous before BAMA games, now I know we will play like crap and either give it away or not even be in it at all. Oh well there is always next year I guess sad part is I aint even excited and thats the first time ever in my life.. see ya at the gym

I think that is the conversation between most Bama fans right now.... :(

W8LIFTR said:
I voted yes

'

I wasn't trying to get people to go off on Shula. I just wondered if other Tuskers were as concerned as me about the direction our team is headed.

I feel really bad for all our guys that have played so hard and put it all on the line. I'm particularly talking about John Parker Wilson, Antoine Caldwell, Andre Smith, Tim Castille, LeRon McClain, Jimmy Johns, DJ Hall, Keith Brown, Simeon Castille, Jeffrey Dukes, Lionel Mitchell and Wallace Gilberry. They're doing everything they can to win, but it takes the entire team performing well. They can't do it by themselves.

YES, my opinion of CMS did change, as well as the predominant fan base of Alabama football :?. After what I read about the fans at the game, they should've worn bags over there head for the shame they heaped on themselves...From what I hear many displayed the TRUE nature of Fair weather fans.

Regarding CMS...he is nearing the end of his rope. Both O-line & D-line play needs to get back to old-school 'BAMA ball. All of the backs positions are carrying this team. Never, would I have thought I'd see that at 'BAMA. When we had great linemen (Elderly Britt & Mathis), we did fairly well at scoring, especially in red-zone. This has become the blindingly obvious weakness to even the novice observer. This is the problem :!: See, no matter what kinda play is called (genious or non-genious), if the line cannot do their job, it will not work. When the line did their job, well, we had great results :arrow: BTW, w/ the same OL coach too :oops:. I guess we'll see if this will be addressed over the next 2 weeks b/c you know the remaining 2 teams realize this & are salivating at a chance to pounce.

I voted no because I have never been a big fan of CMS. Just because you come from a great pedigree does not mean you are a good football coach.

Atlanta_Tider said:
rammajamma said:
My opinion hasn't changed. He is IMO the worst coach since Bill Curry.
:roll:

Double :roll: :roll:

No offense to the Curry-haters because you have a right to your opinion, but I will say this; ATLEAST BILL CURRY WON GAMES AT BAMA.

Curry's only fault was losing to AU. If he could have found a way to beat them he'd still be here coaching. Under Curry the Tide went from 7-5, to 9-3 to 10-2 in three consecutive years. He was also 3-0 against UT, 2-1 against Penn State and 2-1 against LSU.

He was also 2-1 in bowls with his only loss coming at the hands of Miami, by a total of 8 points.

Say what you want to about the guy but I thought he did a pretty dang good job.

porkchop said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
rammajamma said:
My opinion hasn't changed. He is IMO the worst coach since Bill Curry.
:roll:

Double :roll: :roll:

No offense to the Curry-haters because you have a right to your opinion, but I will say this; ATLEAST BILL CURRY WON GAMES AT BAMA.

Curry's only fault was losing to AU. If he could have found a way to beat them he'd still be here coaching. Under Curry the Tide went from 7-5, to 9-3 to 10-2 in three consecutive years. He was also 3-0 against UT, 2-1 against Penn State and 2-1 against LSU.

He was also 2-1 in bowls with his only loss coming at the hands of Miami, by a total of 8 points.

Say what you want to about the guy but I thought he did a pretty dang good job.

I agree. I never understood the depth of resentment toward Curry in some quarters. Imagine how good it would be now to have coach whose ONLY problem was not beating Auburn in three tries.

And it is funny that Dubose's (and Fran) name has not come up in our all time worst coach list. Curry did fine, not great, but fine. I honestly believe Shula makes the list. I took up for him until the TN game then I had enough, this was confirmed last Saturay. It will take a miracle to even go bowling this year!! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom