| FTBL Miami Herald Article

Even the author of the article said that IF.....Saban had violated a rule (and the author doesn't appear confident in that) that Saban wouldn't be the only one doing. That's not to say that if everyone is breaking the rule then that makes it ok, but this is reaching. This is petty BS and how in the world do you enforce something like that? I mean, at what point is it considered a rules violation to talk to a player? It's too broad.

Oh my god. The sky if falling.

Geez, these guys just won't give up. There MUST be something more important than this to write for the Miami sports pages.

:roll:

reger60 said:

Geez, these guys just won't give up. There MUST be something more important than this to write for the Miami sports pages.

Not if it involves their favorite former Pro football coach. :lol:

well, saban allegedly talks to someone and reggie bush gets a couple hundred thousand dollars. seems like there is something else to be talking about. the ncaa has all but swept that under the rug, i wouldnt be surprised if they try and make something of this. :roll:

porkchop said:
reger60 said:

I thought he was LSU's favorite former coach.

reger60 said:
porkchop said:
reger60 said:

I thought he was LSU's favorite former coach.

What you talking about? We stole them from them just in January LSU said. :roll:

I think this is going to be the norm.

It will be until Saban has been around for a couple of years. I have posted (not here) before that Saban to Alabama is a bad thing for the schools that have been cleaning up on recruiting because of the past (unagressive) coaching staffs. The easy wins over Alabama are gone also. Saban is a coach. The can call him a cheater, liar, etc.... It doesn't matter. Like others have said, IF by chance he did this, so what? He is one among every big time college program doing it. Saban is not stupid, he will not violate the rules. If he did this knowingly, there is a reason and I think that reason is because they all do it. But he knows Alabama's past and I do not think he would jeopardize anything knowingly.

I am really curious how this Barn issue is going to work out since they are under the "Repeat offender" status. I suspect they will do nothing to the cow college, but we'll see. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom