| FTBL Mack Brown said some North Carolina players are not in favor of the proposed 12-team College Football Playoff.

Count the North Carolina football program as one team that is opposed to the NCAA proposal gaining steam to expand the playoffs to 12 teams. Carolina making the playoffs would be about as likely as Tom Brady buying a condo in Foxborough upon retirement. Nevertheless, head coach Mack Brown said his Tar Heels are against the proposed 12-team playoff.

“There’s been a 12-game playoff proposal. We took it to our players and we asked them what they thought because it’s going to affect them more than anybody else.” said Brown, per Inside Carolina. “And our players were against the 12-team playoff. They were about even between a six- or eight-team playoff, and they felt like that each of the conference champions should have an automatic bid.”

Brown continued: “They felt like that the group of five’s highest ranked team should have an automatic bid. And then the highest ranked team would take the other few spots if it was an eight-team playoff, because we always want to know what our players are thinking, because we feel like, again, it’s going to affect their life more than anybody else.”

I agree....but disagree....
I wanted expansion...but feel 12 exceeds a realistic representation of best teams...
Dont see how 8 was discarded...
5 conference champions if the champion was atop 10 team...by the committee...
3 wildcards...
But i wasnt asked

Back
Top Bottom