| FTBL LSU???

LSU is lucky its only MSU. Depth and no offense is the only thing thats going to save them. Anyone else would have scored a couple times and stunned LSU by now a possibly broke thier spirit, and mybe got the upset, but that lack of depth will always get State.

I find it hard to be an MSU fan, and could never see myself stepping in that stadium anything other than a bama fan. This game is a prime example.

Bones82 said:
bamarama007 said:
LSU made a heck of a statement tonight.

....did you watch the same game as I did? Regardless of the score LSU looked very beatable. They better watch out for VT next weekend.

I think LSU did exactly what they needed to do. Get out with a win, showing as little as possible from the offense, and pray for no injuries. I think the offensive line and offense in general looked rusty. However, LSU is replacing an offensive coordinator, O-line coach, and WR coach so it will take some time to gel. Fortunately, the Defense is pretty damn good.

i feel tons more confident that we can beat them now. Of course, I think Kentucky can beat them too. Teams do get better throughout the year, but I think we owe them a beating and we can do it if we show up. On the down side, eventually they will lose, and they were the only shot at the SEC pulling in the NC and the SEC is the prob the only conference that has a team that can beat the gods of football at USC. So I guess Mark Gay, phlou pholtz, and butt pirate herbstreit get thier wish with USC going undefeated in tha weak FudgePac - 10 and the NC game.

Hate to be a negative Nancy here, but LSU didn't look nearly as beatable after the half. Once they settled down, they took it to them.

Their offense doesn't look as potent as last year...yet, but they only ran a very base O. The key weakness I saw was the O-line and a mediocre running game. (probably attributable to the O-line.)Perriloux looked very good after he went in.

Beatable...yes. All teams are beatable, but let's not forget an old maxim that is so often proven true, "Defense wins championships".

That is a mean, ornery, fast defensive front. I don't think their corners and safetys are that special. I think Henig just might be the worst quarterback to come around in a LONG time. Hence the outrageous number of ints.

That IS a championship D IMO. All the offense has to do is protect the ball and score occasionally for them to win. LSU ended up looking very good to me.

Bamapossum said:
Hate to be a negative Nancy here, but LSU didn't look nearly as beatable after the half. Once they settled down, they took it to them.

Their offense doesn't look as potent as last year...yet, but they only ran a very base O. The key weakness I saw was the O-line and a mediocre running game. (probably attributable to the O-line.)Perriloux looked very good after he went in.

Beatable...yes. All teams are beatable, but let's not forget an old maxim that is so often proven true, "Defense wins championships".

That is a mean, ornery, fast defensive front. I don't think their corners and safetys are that special. I think Henig just might be the worst quarterback to come around in a LONG time. Hence the outrageous number of ints.

That IS a championship D IMO. All the offense has to do is protect the ball and score occasionally for them to win. LSU ended up looking very good to me.

I'm with ya, LSu looked shaky in the first half, but came out looking good after the half...MSU came out fresh and fired up at home...and LSU had a couple first game jitters, they're going to be a good team

GoodScotch said:
Fortunately, the Defense is pretty damn good.

Are you making this statement based primarily off of this game? You guys played a great game, but not one of the 7 turnovers was a forced takeaway. The 5 interceptions LSU got were floated directly to the LSU defender. One fumble recovery was off of a mishandled snap. I don't remember seeing the other turnover, so maybe LSU did have one legit takeaway.

LSU's defense is good. They may even be great, but you can't make that statement based on this game. MSU had one of the worst offenses in the league last year, and look to be building on the horribleness.....if horribleness is even a word.

Back
Top Bottom