| NEWS LSU the latest ignoring C-19 protocols along with their O-line coach having impermissable contact and giving recruit LSU gear.

TerryP

Staff
Back in June you may recall a bit of surprising news when we learned LSU's offensive line coach, James Cregg, was no longer with the program.

As it ends up he was fired with cause.

LSU football fired James Cregg for cause​

It turns out that LSU fired Cregg for cause. He allegedly visited a recruit (and provided that recruit with team gear) during the COVID-19 recruiting dead period.

This may not seem like a huge deal, but it possibly could be. The NCAA likely won’t mess around with programs that knowingly violate COVID-19 protocols/rules. I could see penalities being harsh (compared to typical penalties associated with impermissible contact).

LSU likely made a wise decision to get ahead of this and fire Cregg. And by firing him for cause, the program is saving around $700,000 in buyout money.

Cregg, unsurprisingly, has filed a lawsuit against LSU. He wants his money.

From 247Sports:

Cregg claims in the lawsuit that the NCAA “has never issued a ruling or decision that Coach Gregg has committed a Level I or Level II violation, nor repeated Level II and/or Level IV violations of the NCAA bylaws such that…The Employment Agreement could provide a for cause justification for LSU to terminate coach Gregg’s employment.”
Cregg didn’t necessarily deny the allegations. His argument seems to be that the NCAA hasn’t decided what kind of violations he committed.

But regardless of what the NCAA decides, if Cregg committed any sort of violation, then the decision to fire him with cause was justified.

The clown running the show is on borrowed time.
Here's what I find interesting.

We know what happened with Bo Davis in Tuscaloosa. As far as I know there wasn't any "giving swag" going on with Bo, but it was impermissable contact. We know how that went with the NCAA's compliance.

Now, with this, we have a few additions:

Covid protocols by the NCAA and it's at a program already under investigation and this?

So far Arizona State, Nebraska, and now LSU have been caught violating their (NCAA) Covid rules. We know the type of people that comprise these positions within the NCAA: most mirror the decisions Warren made with the B1G.

I can't escape the thought it's going to piss them off.

Back
Top Bottom