| MBB/WBB LSU receives Notice of Allegations: Fires Will Wade

Here's one thing that jumped out to me:

The NCAA alleges that Armstrong, with Wade's knowledge, provided impermissible recruiting inducements between February 2020 and June 2020 "in the form of cash payments, a job offer, lodging, impermissible academic assistance, a scholarship, and assistance securing visas" to a then-prospect and/or his family members to secure his commitment to LSU.

After Woodard was hired.
After Alleva had resigned which was after he'd reinstated Wade from his first suspension. That was all in a five day window in 2019.

Wade was driving like Hugh Freeze with the investigation ongoing. When did he start?

Y'all noticed the extortion from the former fiance in the middle of 2017? In the first six months of his employment at LSU he's paying her off.

Miller says eight Level I violations.

Three of the eight were football related, there will be some impact to the football team, hello Brian Kelly.
Oh. I got ya. A lot of Notre Dame fans as well if more penalties are handed down on top of the ones they self imposed.

Your comment about people smiling brought a few others to mind: Pat Forde, Wolken (or was it Wetzel,) Thamel...the Yahoo group that broke the "strong ass offer" story.

It appears that all LSU did was renegotiate Will's contract so that he wouldn't come after them if LSU fired him if infractions against him were uncovered. Wade like Ed will get some money to walk away because he knows where all the bodies are buried.

The details of the meeting between LSU and basketball coach Will Wade on April 12 are becoming clear. As part of his reinstatement, the coach made concessions in his contract, according to documents obtained by Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger as part of a public records request. Under two amendments he agreed the school add to his contract, LSU can fire Wade for cause if he is found to have committed Level I or Level II NCAA violations, or if the NCAA infractions committee issues a formal notice of Level 1 or Level 2 violations to LSU involving the coach. Wade also agreed to waive the $250,000 in performance bonuses he contractually earned in 2018–19 and agreed not to sue the school if he were fired over NCAA violations.

Not sure who was the dumbest in this case, LSU for allowing Wade to stay much looooonger than he should have or Wade for allowing LSU to renegotiate the contract and take his safety net away when he knew he was going to be found guilty.

Not sure who was the dumbest in this case, LSU for allowing Wade to stay much looooonger than he should have or Wade for allowing LSU to renegotiate the contract and take his safety net away when he knew he was going to be found guilty.
Who is the dumbest isn't the right way to frame this whole story. I'm not sure you can say "who is the smartest" unless we're bringing in Wade's counsel.

As badly as Alleva has screwed up some things in his career (see Duke LaCrosse) he may have been the smartest left standing when he "took his ball and went home" after being 'forced' to reinstate Wade. (Let's not forget he wanted to send Miles on his way when his story first broke around the Baton Rouge campus but was over-ruled.)

Wade had 'em. "Fire me and pay me my money" or get the hell out of my way and let me continue. They chose the latter and he continued.

You guys remember when Woodard was hired I contended "they're bringing in a guy from their GOB network to protect as much as they can." I can't say protect considering they allowed Wade to continue cheating but he (Woodard) certainly let everything continue on its same course.

Has there ever been a show cause issued on an Athletic Director? I can't recall seeing such.

Who is the dumbest isn't the right way to frame this whole story. I'm not sure you can say "who is the smartest" unless we're bringing in Wade's counsel.

As badly as Alleva has screwed up some things in his career (see Duke LaCrosse) he may have been the smartest left standing when he "took his ball and went home" after being 'forced' to reinstate Wade. (Let's not forget he wanted to send Miles on his way when his story first broke around the Baton Rouge campus but was over-ruled.)

Wade had 'em. "Fire me and pay me my money" or get the hell out of my way and let me continue. They chose the latter and he continued.

You guys remember when Woodard was hired I contended "they're bringing in a guy from their GOB network to protect as much as they can." I can't say protect considering they allowed Wade to continue cheating but he (Woodard) certainly let everything continue on its same course.

Has there ever been a show cause issued on an Athletic Director? I can't recall seeing such.
This entire think should be the very definition of lack of institutional control in my book. You pay the guy and move on to protect your university. They did not so they should live with the consequences as should Wade.

He paid players and kept his job for three years. There is justice in this world. LSU is in some deep shit charges in two different sports.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom