| BSB/SB ⚾ Let's get this out in the open for all to see. What are your expectations for Alabama and the post season?

TerryP

Staff
Making the Regionals?
Hosting a Regional?
The Supers?
Omaha?

I like what Roger Hoover said today; "What begins in Tuscaloosa hopefully ends in Omaha…" That would be exceeding my expectations.

We should see Alabama host a regional and I'd be disappointed if they didn't win. That puts them in the Super's. Right now, I'd take that.

If we look at this season strictly through the eyes of a bookmaker over half of the SEC has a better shot at Omaha.

FpHzMtSaQAAgmbz

I'm expecting (counting on) Jarvis and Pinckney (big fan of both of them) to have big seasons. Would be really nice if Williamson can find more power and plate discipline, if so, would be a huge boost. Seidl is a really good player who started off hot in '22 then just hit a bit of a wall... expecting him to be better. Transfer C Guscette is a nice upgrade, especially on defense which was needed. Tamez still dependable and good depth, likely DH candidate. Hopefully FR 3B Colby Shelton adjusts to this level well... over time he's going to be really good though. Eblin and Rose, both very dependable with a lot of experience. The team lacked power last year and I would expect the same this year from most of the guys... but this season, they are going to have to find a way to get more runs across. Some of that means smarter approaches at the plate than what they showed last year at times.

Lot of potentially really good arms on the team, not a lot of experience. Staying healthy will be important, and would be nice to find a couple or 3 guys early on that can be counted on in the 8th and 9th innings. Several promising young arms too, they will just need to adjust to SEC level ball. Heard good things about FR RP Riley Quick... a guy that could emerge as a closer? I like the potential of the weekend starters (the McMillan injury is a blow though). Hopefully, the good defense carries over from last year, that will certainly help... I know it will carry over with several of them (guys like Jarvis, Williamson, and Rose). I'm not tremendously high on Jason Jackson as the pitching coach (and most that know me know I tend to give coaches a longer leash than most). Hope he proves me wrong this season though.

For overall expectations, would like to see them hosting a regional for sure and/or making a super regional.

I'm expecting (counting on) Jarvis and Pinckney (big fan of both of them) to have big seasons. Would be really nice if Williamson can find more power and plate discipline, if so, would be a huge boost. Seidl is a really good player who started off hot in '22 then just hit a bit of a wall... expecting him to be better. Transfer C Guscette is a nice upgrade, especially on defense which was needed. Tamez still dependable and good depth, likely DH candidate. Hopefully FR 3B Colby Shelton adjusts to this level well... over time he's going to be really good though. Eblin and Rose, both very dependable with a lot of experience. The team lacked power last year and I would expect the same this year from most of the guys... but this season, they are going to have to find a way to get more runs across. Some of that means smarter approaches at the plate than what they showed last year at times.

Lot of potentially really good arms on the team, not a lot of experience. Staying healthy will be important, and would be nice to find a couple or 3 guys early on that can be counted on in the 8th and 9th innings. Several promising young arms too, they will just need to adjust to SEC level ball. Heard good things about FR RP Riley Quick... a guy that could emerge as a closer? I like the potential of the weekend starters (the McMillan injury is a blow though). Hopefully, the good defense carries over from last year, that will certainly help... I know it will carry over with several of them (guys like Jarvis, Williamson, and Rose). I'm not tremendously high on Jason Jackson as the pitching coach (and most that know me know I tend to give coaches a longer leash than most). Hope he proves me wrong this season though.

For overall expectations, would like to see them hosting a regional for sure and/or making a super regional.
Wow! That’s like a shorthand scouting report. Nice to see some Bama fans who know their baseball team inside and out.

4 games above 500 last year. Coach been there 6 years with a .555 record..I figure if you cant get much better than that after 6 years, it ain't gonna get better....a 4 to 6 games over .500 this year. JMO.

Wow! That’s like a shorthand scouting report. Nice to see some Bama fans who know their baseball team inside and out.

I try to watch every game... miss some here and there, but not many. Same with softball. I usually make it to at least one of the intrasquad games they have the weekends before the season starts, but didn't this year. I'll probably go see them either tomorrow or Sunday at the Joe.

Back
Top Bottom