| FTBL Les Miles?

Outlaw

Verified Member
Is it just me, or does this guy not have a pulse? I am seriously questioning his decision making as a coach. I know they are working out for him now (well, minus that 4th and 2 run vs. Kentucky), but I'm looking forward to seeing how these decisions work out when he gets his own guys in his "system" playing.

I'm just not convinced that he is the great coach that LSU fans put him out to be. I saw too many of his games at OSU to buy into it. I think he's winning on talent alone right now.

What say you?

iheartsaban said:
miles has faith in his playmakers. taking a shot at the endzone was the right call. its fairly simple really

It was insane. Not the call, but the way it was executed. Had the receiver not made the catch (and that's a huge gamble) and time runs out then LSU loses that game.

LSu almost mismanaged themselves into a loss. But I give Miles and the team credit for making a huge play in the end and pulling it out. That's the only thing that matters in the end.

clock stops for an incomplete pass , the catch was made with 4sec. showing. it was a calculated risk and it payed off. the media coverage afterwards was retarded at best. oh yeah , LES MILES HAS HUGE NUTS

Miles has oversized cojones and an undersized brain. He has enough talent for his low percentage decisions to work occasionally. The decision Saturday night would have cost his team a shot at the NC had they not made the play.

You can't deny his record. He's lost how many games in the last 3 years?

You can't deny, this being the third year at LSU, the point they've played 5 ranked opponents and lost to one of them, in triple overtime, I might add.

I'm aware of 18 starters being Saban's recruits...but, someone had to develop them. As we've seen this year, coaching plays a big part in college ball.

psychojoe said:
Miles has oversized cojones and an undersized brain. He has enough talent for his low percentage decisions to work occasionally. The decision Saturday night would have cost his team a shot at the NC had they not made the play.
yet another idiot fails to understand simple pee wee football shit. dude , shoot yourself.

iheartsaban said:
clock stops for an incomplete pass , the catch was made with 4sec. showing. it was a calculated risk and it payed off. the media coverage afterwards was retarded at best. oh yeah , LES MILES HAS HUGE NUTS

Should I ask how you know that? :|

Yeah clock stops on an incompletion, but that is still cutting it close. Had AU intercepted the ball this whole argument would be a moot point too. Like I said, I give them a lot of credit for pulling it out in the end. Heck of a finish.

iheartsaban said:
psychojoe said:
yet another idiot fails to understand simple pee wee football sh*t. dude , shoot yourself.
If the receiver bobbles the ball & does not catch it, times runs out. There was only 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock after the catch. Any coach with brains would have kicked the field goal. Miles is terrible at clock management.

iheartsaban said:
psychojoe said:
yet another idiot fails to understand simple pee wee football sh*t. dude , shoot yourself.

By the way, that's strike number 1. Check your private messages in a minute.

iheartsaban said:

Thank you! I've been saying that for two days. Why would the clock keep running on an incomplete pass? Good call on Miles' part, but they cut it awfully close. Took forever to snap the dang football.

iheartsaban said:
psychojoe said:

Wise guy, try a sack on that play and see what happens. If he had any brains he'd have just sent the kicker out there to take the 95% shot at winning it there. Admittedly it worked, but his job should be to do what is necessary to give his team the best shot at winning the game. His choices worked against Florida and Auburn, failed at Kentucky, which is the worst of those three teams.

my point was, how long he can keep making these types of calls? it's all good when things work out. there are alot of "what ifs" that could have happened, which didn't. lsu nation would have been ready to run him outta there if something went wrong. the fact that nobody called timeout is what was bothersome to me.

its nice to have a team you can do this with and a coach that is willing to risk it. good thing for LSU it worked out.

Hope he tries some of that stuff against Bama. Y'know, LSU might (emphasis on the 'might') win, but it won't be because we get out-coached. I'm sure CNS watched the game and noticed weaknesses to be taken advantage of.

LestLet1.gif

All i can say is hes one lucky sob. Its hard for me to believe someone is luckier than the barn but he is and he proved it saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom