| FTBL Leaked Video of Saban Zoom recruiting

Thought it was pretty lame on the kids part to record if Saban was not aware of it happening.

Same...I don’t do Zoom much, so I don’t know the answer to this, but can you see if someone is recording? Or is there a way to stop a person from recording?

Very much an immature decision on this kids part...he knows better than to record and share this.

I mean, Saban is well aware he is being recorded by someone or some thing outside of his home or office. Was it a less than genuine thing to do? Of course it was, but this isn't anything new to folks that follow recruiting. We knew negative recruiting was happening, we are well aware of the athletes Alabama puts into the NFL, we are aware of the accolades of each of our players. This will not keep recruits from Alabama and it will not change tactics from other schools. They can't poke holes in that because it's factual information.

As far as this recruit, they know who it is. They will chat about his character and if he sends this out, there is a lot of other stuff he'd send out. Probably correct that an offer gets reacended, but I don't consider this aggregious as cutthroat as recruiting is.

Same...I don’t do Zoom much, so I don’t know the answer to this, but can you see if someone is recording? Or is there a way to stop a person from recording?

Very much an immature decision on this kids part...he knows better than to record and share this.

Probably recording from his phone from what I see. Which you may or may not see it from Saban's side.

If you record your screen Saban would never know. If you record via the zoom app he or whoever his rep that set the zoom schedule up would know it was recorded. I think only the person that sets the meeting up can start recording.

What I imagine the conversation was in the football building yesterday...

Josh Maxson: "Coach, part of your recruiting call on zoon to [insert player here] was leaked to the internet."

Nick Saban: "Was there something on there I shouldn't have said?"

JM: "No, it was just a short clip of positive stuff."

NS: "Aight."

JM: "You want to see the clip?"

NS: "Why in the hell would I want to see it?"

JM: "Nevermind."

Since it's nothing damaging, let's assume for a second the kid is enamored with being recruited by the greatest coach of all time. Electronic communications, as Saban well knows, can be recorded and observed by others. In some states, only one participant need know of the recording.

Since it's nothing damaging, let's assume for a second the kid is enamored with being recruited by the greatest coach of all time. Electronic communications, as Saban well knows, can be recorded and observed by others. In some states, only one participant need know of the recording.
Actually....its better...ns didnt know...and conspiracy folkes who believe he illegally recruits....are shot down by 100 positive...recruiting...
Win-win....
Probably still pisses him off

I don't see any harm to be honest. He didn't say anything negative about another program. CNS laid it all out there and stated nothing more than facts. He even went as far as to say that, "This place isn't for everybody!" It's not!! BAMA is special!!! Any and all recruits should be dying for CNS to call them up and give them this same sell.

The problem isn't what was said in the video, it is the fact that a recruit thought the best thing he could do was record a private conversation and let the world see it. I think this works in Bama's favor overall, but definitely means you can't trust the kid to keep anything to themselves.
I've been working in education for 27+ years, you NEVER fully trust a kid.

Back
Top Bottom