| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Kirstie Alley passes away at 71

Years ago when the shows aired, I recorded a ton of them to VHS and would watch them a lot. Then the seasons came out on DVD, and I bought those. I still have those somewhere, but of course they have moved on to digital now which is obviously much easier and more convenient. I watched a couple of season 4 episodes just the other night. But yeah, great show with great characters. One of those very rare shows for me where every single character fit, none were really forced. You liked them all, and in a way, related to them all.... most everyone has a coworker who acts like Cliff. Most everyone has a friend who has a wife like Lilith. And just great writing like you said, from season 1 to the very final scene... I said it was a top 5 show, but for me it's really top 3 and probably #1 overall ahead of Seinfeld.

Years ago when the shows aired, I recorded a ton of them to VHS and would watch them a lot. Then the seasons came out on DVD, and I bought those. I still have those somewhere, but of course they have moved on to digital now which is obviously much easier and more convenient. I watched a couple of season 4 episodes just the other night. But yeah, great show with great characters. One of those very rare shows for me where every single character fit, none were really forced. You liked them all, and in a way, related to them all.... most everyone has a coworker who acts like Cliff. Most everyone has a friend who has a wife like Lilith. And just great writing like you said, from season 1 to the very final scene... I said it was a top 5 show, but for me it's really top 3 and probably #1 overall ahead of Seinfeld.
Cheers, Fraser, MASH, Taxi, Two and a Half Men, All in the Family...

In terms of writing, hard to beat Mad Men.

We have renewed our Fraiser kick recently and have watched 1-2 each night. We’ve watched that entire series 3-4 times over the year. Incredibly clever and funny writing.

I may have to buy Frasier on Apple or Amazon next. I usually wait until they go on sale for cheap, which is this time of year. Unfortunately for me, Wings isn't a digital option which is really irritating.

Back
Top Bottom