| FTBL Khyree Jackson Enters Portal

I hate the transfer portal.... I do wish all these kids the best but having to handle adversity and work is better for these kids in most situations I believe. I get they want to play but stay and work... I am afraid some of this also impacts the chemstry of the team and you get some of the results we are seeing this year. Of course all of that is speculation but something is missing and the portal does not seem to be helping in situations like this.

I hate the transfer portal.... I do wish all these kids the best but having to handle adversity and work is better for these kids in most situations I believe. I get they want to play but stay and work... I am afraid some of this also impacts the chemstry of the team and you get some of the results we are seeing this year. Of course all of that is speculation but something is missing and the portal does not seem to be helping in situations like this.

I hear ya, but it's almost always addition by subtraction. For every Drew Sanders, there's 15 others that need to probably go. But with how things are now with roster management, it's got to happen with a good number pretty much every year...

I hear ya, but it's almost always addition by subtraction. For every Drew Sanders, there's 15 others that need to probably go. But with how things are now with roster management, it's got to happen with a good number pretty much every year...
If you have that many thinking about the future somewhere else how do you keep those players from being disruptive to the team? The GOAT is earning his pay these days.

If you have that many thinking about the future somewhere else how do you keep those players from being disruptive to the team? The GOAT is earning his pay these days.

It's another part of the growing headache that coaches have to deal with, and why some are finding out that they'd be happier just being a high paid coordinator or move on to the NFL.

It's another part of the growing headache that coaches have to deal with, and why some are finding out that they'd be happier just being a high paid coordinator or move on to the NFL.
I think one of the next steps we'll see as the college game emulates the NFL more and more with each passing day is a new role in the Athletic Departments: General Managers. I can see some coaches taking on both roles with others leaving recruiting, the portal, and the NIL component to someone else.

We saw the beginning of this, or at least something akin, with Saban turning the portal over to Sal.

I think one of the next steps we'll see as the college game emulates the NFL more and more with each passing day is a new role in the Athletic Departments: General Managers. I can see some coaches taking on both roles with others leaving recruiting, the portal, and the NIL component to someone else.

We saw the beginning of this, or at least something akin, with Saban turning the portal over to Sal.
This is probably true but I hate it. Someone has to manage the disgrunteled players. You have to manage their impact on the cohesivness of the team. This is about maintaining organizational health. Businesses implode when the organization is not healthy.

Back
Top Bottom