| FTBL Keys and questions in the Rematch

mando

I mentioned this in the 2nd half of the Orange bowl time to start talking about the keys and questions for the rematch?
  • The line of scrimmage on both sides can Bama hold up like they did in the SEC Championship? Can the OL duplicate their performance in that game which is actually the exception and not the norm.
  • Will a subpar BY game in the semifinal carryover into the championship game? I think the 2nd half and especially the last drive against the Barn carried over into the SEC Championship game.
  • What will the impact of the game be w/o Metchie?
  • What is the current injury status for the OL for Bama?
  • What strategic game plan changes will each team make if any? I believe there will be differences not sure what.
  • What will the real psyche of the puppies be. Smart is already making this huge publicly. Will this end up coming back to bite them? Can't imagine Saban having his team wound so tight it impacts their performance. I can see Smart doing this.
  • Will Bennett have a bounce back performance? Unfortunately I think he will but hope he does not. Seen these type of things happen where a QB struggles then plays lights out in their next opportunity. Maybe he spent it in the semifinal.
  • Can Bama take advantage of that disrespect angle again? Bama is the underdog which I think will help Bama more so during practice/prep than the game.
  • When it is all said and done it can be hard for a team to beat another team twice when both are closely matched teams. However no one is more suited to do this than a Saban coached team. He had to do it in the NFL and well he is the GOAT. I have learned to never underestimate him. He may not be able to do it but I would not bet against him.
Roll Tide Gentlemen. It is always great to be a Bama fan. Enjoy these days.

uGA will blitz to get to BY instead of blitz with containment in mind. The 1st matchup they were very worried about BY moving out of the pocket and burning their secondary. I think they throw that plan out and just come at BY from all angles.

uGA will blitz to get to BY instead of blitz with containment in mind. The 1st matchup they were very worried about BY moving out of the pocket and burning their secondary. I think they throw that plan out and just come at BY from all angles.

From every angle ...from every side...top...bottom...
KS isnt going to let BY beat them standing in pocket again....
No way. No how....
He is coming after BY...blizt from every where...

I mentioned this in the 2nd half of the Orange bowl time to start talking about the keys and questions for the rematch?
  • The line of scrimmage on both sides can Bama hold up like they did in the SEC Championship? Can the OL duplicate their performance in that game which is actually the exception and not the norm.
  • Will a subpar BY game in the semifinal carryover into the championship game? I think the 2nd half and especially the last drive against the Barn carried over into the SEC Championship game.
  • What will the impact of the game be w/o Metchie?
  • What is the current injury status for the OL for Bama?
  • What strategic game plan changes will each team make if any? I believe there will be differences not sure what.
  • What will the real psyche of the puppies be. Smart is already making this huge publicly. Will this end up coming back to bite them? Can't imagine Saban having his team wound so tight it impacts their performance. I can see Smart doing this.
  • Will Bennett have a bounce back performance? Unfortunately I think he will but hope he does not. Seen these type of things happen where a QB struggles then plays lights out in their next opportunity. Maybe he spent it in the semifinal.
  • Can Bama take advantage of that disrespect angle again? Bama is the underdog which I think will help Bama more so during practice/prep than the game.
  • When it is all said and done it can be hard for a team to beat another team twice when both are closely matched teams. However no one is more suited to do this than a Saban coached team. He had to do it in the NFL and well he is the GOAT. I have learned to never underestimate him. He may not be able to do it but I would not bet against him.
Roll Tide Gentlemen. It is always great to be a Bama fan. Enjoy these days.
Biggest thing..... missing Metchie.....
But others have a game now....but "ole reliable" isnt there ....

From every angle ...from every side...top...bottom...
KS isnt going to let BY beat them standing in pocket again....
No way. No how....
He is coming after BY...blizt from every where...
Maybe this is where BRob comes into play which of course starts with the OL. Smart's pride was hurt since he is prideful about his D. He will have those guys jacked up. Saban knows this and will expect that. How can he use that against them? Screens, short passes etc...

How do we do all of this w/o Metchie? We have talent but not experience. Maybe the TE comes into play.

Any updates on our OL injuries? I saw a reference to someone thinking #55 was ok but have not heard about #79. Like it or not he is the most experience guy we have and may be the best matchup.

Oh and one last thing, what adjustments do we make on defense to better stop their offense especially the TE?

Maybe this is where BRob comes into play which of course starts with the OL. Smart's pride was hurt since he is prideful about his D. He will have those guys jacked up. Saban knows this and will expect that. How can he use that against them? Screens, short passes etc...

How do we do all of this w/o Metchie? We have talent but not experience. Maybe the TE comes into play.

Any updates on our OL injuries? I saw a reference to someone thinking #55 was ok but have not heard about #79. Like it or not he is the most experience guy we have and may be the best matchup.

Oh and one last thing, what adjustments do we make on defense to better stop their offense especially the TE?
If i had answers i sure would be making a lot more money than i make now...lol
Good questions.....hope nick has answers

I think one of the main keys (again) will be turnovers. I haven’t watched the replay, but it appears that Georgia beat Michigan in large part because Michigan gave them 3 turnovers.this will probably be key in this game.
Make them work for it! Nothing easy

UGA has their work cut out, they know what they need to fix from part 1. They scored 24 in part 1, their D will have to play lights out to win with 24. But doable if we Don’t bring out A game.

I think one of the main keys (again) will be turnovers.
First game the puppies turned the ball over also. No turnovers on their part makes it closer. I believe their QB will protect the ball better this round and play a better overall game. Now all bets are off if Anderson goes off with a little help from Harris/Turner in this game.

As far as our D against their offense, they moved the ball against us in the first game. They had 24 points and 400+ yards. I think Bama will need to improve on both in round 2 because I do not see us putting up 41 points this round. Now if they do not figure out how to put more pressure on BY will carve them up again.

Although he was effective in round 1 it will be interesting to see the impact of a healthy BRob also. I also think #6 Sanders is gaining some confidence back especially in this last game. You could see that he was running with more confidence and more quickness and explosiveness. Seeing BRob running seemed to help Sanders find another gear also.

I am still concerned with Bennett hitting a few deep balls on us. Pickens is a problem and so is Bowers. Last thing we need to to let Cook loose just once like Michigan and it could cause problems.

We had the element of surprise and playing as an underdog in the SEC Championship as well as being the best team they'd seen. But now they have seen it and won't be as surprised. We just have to be better. We most definitely can and I just hope the offensive line holds up and performs similar to the SEC Championship game.

I think one of the main keys (again) will be turnovers. I haven’t watched the replay, but it appears that Georgia beat Michigan in large part because Michigan gave them 3 turnovers.this will probably be key in this game.
Make them work for it! Nothing easy

No. Michigan was outmatched from the opening play. The turnovers aren't a large part as to why UGA won. The first Michigan turnover it was already 27-3. Georgia scored 0 points off of 3 Michigan turnovers.

Michigan's QB isn't capable of a shootout. His season stats support this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-191354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-191354_Chrome.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 6
No. Michigan was outmatched from the opening play. The turnovers aren't a large part as to why UGA won. The first Michigan turnover it was already 27-3. Georgia scored 0 points off of 3 Michigan turnovers.

Michigan's QB isn't capable of a shootout. His season stats support this.
Gotcha. Had to go to a get-together & didn’t get to see any of that game.

Metchie was that blanket of comfort for BY much like the blanket Linus carried around with him in Peanuts. BRob could be more of a weapon in the pass game, but dang our TEs could be just as big. I really don’t know how much more Bowlcut will try and blitz this time to be honest. Blitzing means exposing your secondary even more and allowing Jamo to blow the top off of their D. Could see some bracketing done on Jamo, but that allows single coverage on someone like Brooks and we have seen him have success. Slade could have a big game as well.
BAMA D will look to shutdown their run game and force Stetson to try and win it with his arm. He hasn’t proven he can yet in two tries.

Back
Top Bottom