I mentioned this in the 2nd half of the Orange bowl time to start talking about the keys and questions for the rematch?
- The line of scrimmage on both sides can Bama hold up like they did in the SEC Championship? Can the OL duplicate their performance in that game which is actually the exception and not the norm.
- Will a subpar BY game in the semifinal carryover into the championship game? I think the 2nd half and especially the last drive against the Barn carried over into the SEC Championship game.
- What will the impact of the game be w/o Metchie?
- What is the current injury status for the OL for Bama?
- What strategic game plan changes will each team make if any? I believe there will be differences not sure what.
- What will the real psyche of the puppies be. Smart is already making this huge publicly. Will this end up coming back to bite them? Can't imagine Saban having his team wound so tight it impacts their performance. I can see Smart doing this.
- Will Bennett have a bounce back performance? Unfortunately I think he will but hope he does not. Seen these type of things happen where a QB struggles then plays lights out in their next opportunity. Maybe he spent it in the semifinal.
- Can Bama take advantage of that disrespect angle again? Bama is the underdog which I think will help Bama more so during practice/prep than the game.
- When it is all said and done it can be hard for a team to beat another team twice when both are closely matched teams. However no one is more suited to do this than a Saban coached team. He had to do it in the NFL and well he is the GOAT. I have learned to never underestimate him. He may not be able to do it but I would not bet against him.