| MBB/WBB Kentucky basketball is the Dallas Cowboys.

It's a comparison Aaron Torres made today and I have to agree. Maybe the Steelers are a better example. You decide.

Huge brand.
Hasn't bottomed out or awful.
But in that middle ground where you're really good - but not when it matters, and not living up to your full capabilities as a program/organization.

As they say, "the natives are restless" in BBN. Unrealistic expectations?
Unrealistic expectations based on recruiting classes? There's something to consider.

I find it ironic back in December Kentucky had an afternoon halftime show honoring Tubby Smith: the ex basketball coach they ran out of town. Those that are restless about Cal now evidently have forgotten about Tubby's record in Lexington. They're quite similar.

Those that are restless about Cal now evidently have forgotten about Tubby's record in Lexington. They're quite similar.
Interesting I would not have thought that. Did not go check but it certainly has always felt like Calipari's program is significantly better than Tubby's was.

Interesting I would not have thought that. Did not go check but it certainly has always felt like Calipari's program is significantly better than Tubby's was.
I don't know where I originally found someone talking about the data that was quoted. I knew there was a Final Four difference between the two and the point Tubby wasn't getting Kentucky there led to him moving on.

The quoted thread was on Cats Illustrated—a Rivals site. The writer had broken down the last seven years of each coach and found the winning percentage to be the same and the number of games the same: a percentage point favored Smith and while Cal had one more game Tubby had more overall wins.

It doesn't get better for Cal the more you read. Tubby had more appearances in the dance while they've both lost two Elite Eight appearances.

It was an interesting read. Try that basketball forum.

I don't know where I originally found someone talking about the data that was quoted. I knew there was a Final Four difference between the two and the point Tubby wasn't getting Kentucky there led to him moving on.

The quoted thread was on Cats Illustrated—a Rivals site. The writer had broken down the last seven years of each coach and found the winning percentage to be the same and the number of games the same: a percentage point favored Smith and while Cal had one more game Tubby had more overall wins.

It doesn't get better for Cal the more you read. Tubby had more appearances in the dance while they've both lost two Elite Eight appearances.

It was an interesting read. Try that basketball forum.
I guess perceptions are reality although I think some people are starting to mumble some about Calipari. UK basketball just like Bama football has high expectations. The last two years to say the least for UK has been disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom