| FTBL Just an observation here....

G

When Matt Caddell did his flip into the endzone last night, did any of you cringe? I hate that kind of stuff, if he lands wrong, he's hurt. I wonder if he got an earfull later on. I noticed someone from Florida State did the same thing earlier today and the announcers were talking about it. I'm all for celebrating and keeping the excitement level up but I would hate to see a guy hurt over something like that.

BamaDelta said:
It's not Alabama football that's for sure.
Actually Delta it really is 'Alabama football' of late.

Not what you nor I really want 'Alabama football' to be I am sure. But as our coach says 'it is what it is.' I just wish it would stop.

alagator said:
BamaDelta said:
It's not Alabama football that's for sure.
Actually Delta it really is 'Alabama football' of late.

Not what you nor I really want 'Alabama football' to be I am sure. But as our coach says 'it is what it is.' I just wish it would stop.

Actually you're right gator, but it isn't just an Alabama problem. It's a generational issue, and one I certainly can't control. I really don't know how it all happened, and I certainly don't want to get into the boring details.

I will only say that being concerned about children's self esteem instead of discipline and wanting to be a child's best friend instead of a parent hasn't helped.

Mountains and molehills, he probably just got excited.

Its like in baseball, sometimes a kid does something that disrespects the other team, and the manager juset tells him why he shouldnt do that and it usually doesnt happen again.

I didn't like it either. No I don't want anyone on our team to get hurt but if your gonna be stupid you have to be tough. What I didn't like about it was the fact that if we would have been flagged (as we should have) it would have hurt the team and not just one individual. It is one thing to do something stupid and it affect you, but we should have been backed up 15 yards on the next kickoff and that ain't cool!!

The FSU guy cost his team 15 yards on the kickoff. One of his buds committed a personal foul on the same play, costing the Seminoles another 15 (actually half the distance). They wound up kickoff from their own 7.5-yard line.

joeman546 said:

Its like in baseball, sometimes a kid does something that disrespects the other team, and the manager juset tells him why he shouldnt do that and it usually doesnt happen again.

Ask Adrian Peterson if it is that simple...

TerryP said:
joeman546 said:

Ask Adrian Peterson if it is that simple...

Talking about the time he got injured in college? Shoulder? Pretty positive a guy tripped him going into the endzone...

-EDIT- Yeah.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeaigteWKNk[/youtube]

rammerjammer said:
I didn't like it either. No I don't want anyone on our team to get hurt but if your gonna be stupid you have to be tough. What I didn't like about it was the fact that if we would have been flagged (as we should have) it would have hurt the team and not just one individual. It is one thing to do something stupid and it affect you, but we should have been backed up 15 yards on the next kickoff and that ain't cool!!

How is it a flagable offense???? by rule unsportsman like conduct is AFTER a play. The play wasn't over when he did that and there is NOTHING in the rules that state how he has to enter the endzone.

Now don't get me wrong. I thought it was classless and stupid and looked terrible and so forth. and I think Saban should have pulled him out for the rest of the game for acting like that. but in no way was it against any rule.

Back
Top Bottom