| FTBL Jumping the gun but a sure conversation starter

Hawaii could very much be this year's Mid-Major. It's a wait and see basically because they need to get past Boise St first. They have a great chance this year, better then any other year IMO.

I like the Hawaii pick and I kept up with them last year and this is my "expert" analysis.... They lost both Raegan Mauia(300pd FB), Nate Illoa(270pd RB), Samson Satele(300pd Center), Alama Francis(DE), Leonard Peters(Team Captain FS), Esala(DE), and a host of secondary recievers.

Hawaii was also blessed/cursed with a cupcake schedule this year that includes: Northern Colorado, Charleston Southern, and Washington. The only ? games on their schedule is Boise, Nevada, and Washington because they are going to need to find a way to run the ball to win these games.

It also seems that the media is getting the nation a chance to see this warrior team.....

Hawaii vs San Jose State on ESPN
Hawaii vs Nevada on ESPN2
Hawaii vs Boise State ESPN2
Hawaii vs Washington ESPN or ESPN2

big improvement from their 1 televised game last year.

RollTideRandy said:
There are a few teams they are bumping way up there that I just don't get. Ga Tech? How do you lose the best player in the country (Calvin Johnson) and get better? :?:

not to mention your QB

TideOutsider said:
Ga Tech gets better BY losing Reggie Ball! Calvin Johnson was amazing, but way under utilized.

Bingo! Calvin Johnson is a beast but Reggie Ball was the Techster's downfall. Calvin should have been a Heisman and if he had someone like JPW throwing him the ball, he would have been.

bamafan4ever said:
TideOutsider said:
Ga Tech gets better BY losing Reggie Ball! Calvin Johnson was amazing, but way under utilized.

Bingo! Calvin Johnson is a beast but Reggie Ball was the Techster's downfall. Calvin should have been a Heisman and if he had someone like JPW throwing him the ball, he would have been.

Thats a matter of opinion. I like the swift footed QBs that can scramble first, but I also see that if you have a WR like CJ it would be nice to have a QB like Colt Brennan.

Hero said:
bamafan4ever said:
TideOutsider said:

Thats a matter of opinion. I like the swift footed QBs that can scramble first, but I also see that if you have a WR like CJ it would be nice to have a QB like Colt Brennan.

Good gosh almighty, Hero. Did you ever see Reggie Ball play football? My UGA friend wishes that Ball had 4 more years of eligibility. The guy was a horrible college QB.

Calvin Johnson was the biggest waste of talent on the college level, ever, in my opinion. A lot of it had to do with Reggie Ball and Chan Gailey's decision to start him no matter how he played. The guy was simply horrible.

bamafan4ever said:
Hero said:
bamafan4ever said:
TideOutsider said:

Good gosh almighty, Hero. Did you ever see Reggie Ball play football? My UGA friend wishes that Ball had 4 more years of eligibility. The guy was a horrible college QB.

Calvin Johnson was the biggest waste of talent on the college level, ever, in my opinion. A lot of it had to do with Reggie Ball and Chan Gailey's decision to start him no matter how he played. The guy was simply horrible.
He was bad in that offense. Put Ball in Texas A&M's or Navy's option offense and he's stud.

I just do not see LSU going to the national championship game. They lost most of their team to the draft including their best 2 recievers and starting QB. These people are idiots.

TideOutsider said:

Just from losing Ball in there bowl game the offense got better. Backup QB Bennett went 19-29 with 3 td's, and most importantly he got the ball to Johnson, even when he wasnt open he knew he Calvin would make the play, he ended up with 9 catches 186 yards and 2 td's....Maybe it was the terrible secondary of West Virginia, but i think everyone that watched Ga Tech wanted Ball to just throw to johnson more, covered or not.

I see the Non-BCS list has Bama in the Independance or Music city. Auburn is in the Cotton. I think UF, LSU, and AU are going to fall off dramatically. I think they are all way overrated right now. I think UGA, Tenn, Arky, and Bama will be on the rise.

Pete Fiutak USC will be just about everyone's number one going into the season, but the schedule isn't going to make it easy with five brutal road trips to Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Cal and Arizona State (and six if you think last year's Washington close-call wasn't a fluke)

This is brutal? :roll: :lol:

Optimus said:
Pete Fiutak USC will be just about everyone's number one going into the season, but the schedule isn't going to make it easy with five brutal road trips to Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Cal and Arizona State (and six if you think last year's Washington close-call wasn't a fluke)

This is brutal? :roll: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. A brutal trip to ND against a team they have slated for the "International Bowl" against the MAC NUMBER 4 or 5 team?

I'll give them credit for 3 of the 5 or 6 being tough games. Oregon-Always tough at home. Nebraska-May be their best year for quite some time. Cal-Tedford always plays USC well.

Notre Dame-Please! They have the Pac10 officials with them....again.

Back
Top Bottom