| FTBL Jerry Jeudy Arrested (DA moves to have charges dismissed.)

No bond says something
it's a clause required to hold all DV cases.

ESPN isn't a good source for news, local is where ya go.

DENVER — Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy was arrested by Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department Thursday, The Gazette learned through the Sheriff's office.

A probable cause statement signed by Nicholas Caines indicates he arrested Jeudy shortly before 10:15 a.m. Thursday on suspicion of criminal tampering and domestic violence, both misdemeanors. Jeudy is on a "no bond hold" which means he will have to see a judge before he is released, meaning he will spend Thursday night at Arapahoe County Detention Facility. The no bond hold is based on a clause that requires the hold on all domestic violence cases. Jeudy is set to have a court hearing Friday at 8:30 a.m.

Arapahoe County Sherriff Tyler Brown said there was no physical contact between Jeudy and the female accuser.

"I know the word violence connotates physical contact," Brown said. "I can tell you guys specifically there was no physical contact between Mr. Jeudy and the female party in this investigation. It solely involved property. There was no damage to property. All that happened was there was an accusation that there was property being withheld and the deputy determined there was enough probably cause to make an arrest."

Brown added that Jeudy was cooperative and taken into custody without incident.

Jeudy's girlfriend, with whom he shares a child, requested help getting back her wallet and items for their baby, including formula and medical paperwork, that Jeudy had put in his car and wouldn't let her access, according to the probable cause statement. She was trying to go to Virginia but couldn't without her wallet and items for their baby, she said.

She told Caines "things got crazy" between her and Jeudy Wednesday night but didn't elaborate, according to the statement. She said she didn't want Jeudy to get in trouble and just wanted her things back so she could leave.

The probable cause statement said Jeudy took the items in retaliation for his girlfriend taking one of his phones. She said Jeudy has "jealousy issues," and hides her phone from him as a result.

Around 3:15 p.m. Thursday, a spokesperson for the sheriff's department said Jeudy had not yet been formally charged. Brown Jeudy's potential punishment could involve a fine and "small jail time."

"When it comes to the severity of charges this is a very low-level misdemeanor but we take all cases of domestic violence seriously," Brown said. "It's important to make sure the victims' voices are heard in these specific situations."

The Broncos said in a statement they "are aware of the matter involving Jerry Jeudy and are in the process of gathering more information.” The police did notify the organization shortly after the arrest.

Denver Gazette reporter Julia Cardi contributed to this report.

I was about to come post that as I jsut found it too. This is a big nothing burger that gets hyped into a DV charge because they have a kid together.

Even so, you just wish folks would quit being idiots and getting with the wrong woman or being in a relationship that hits a fever pitch like this. Dude is like 22 years old with a kid, worth millions, and acting like a damn 6 year old, baby momma too probably.

Even so, you just wish folks would quit being idiots and getting with the wrong woman or being in a relationship that hits a fever pitch like this. Dude is like 22 years old with a kid, worth millions, and acting like a damn 6 year old, baby momma too probably.

The DV charge is complete crap...

FWIW, I don't know very many 22 male athletes with millions of dollars & plenty of women making too many good decisions... Lot's of power, money, & sex usually results in a complete cluster f$%#.

I agree, but this is the first time we know of that something came out of him acting improperly. Might be the first time he did it. I am more about learning from your mistakes than judging you for them, especially one this minor.

Automatic from what I understand since they have a relationship. It highlights how stupid Colorado's laws are on DV that something that never turned violent or had the threat of violence gets a DV modifier.

FWIW, I don't know very many 22 male athletes with millions of dollars & plenty of women making too many good decisions... Lot's of power, money, & sex usually results in a complete cluster f$%#.

Agreed. So what's that saying about 18-22 year old college NIL millionaires potentially? 😜 just kidding, sort of. Deon Sanders made a good point the other day that now these kids get paid professional money so now we gotta deal with "professional attitudes" in the locker room.

I've done very stupid things in my life, but when it comes to women I have never ever crossed a line. I don't call them bitches or hoes, I don't touch them in anger, and I never aggressively yell at them. All that being said, I have a short temper and loved to fight as a kid, so I'm not a docile individual. Maybe my restraint comes from having only sisters and being raised in a single momma holsehold, but society today just has zero restraint or respect in general towards people you supposedly love.

I hope this is just a very stupid deal and he did nothing, but I have been reading a lot about him lately and not living up to his draft billing, so with a new proven quarterback he has his chance. Hard to get better when you are dealing with legal issues, so for the sake of that and his kid I hope this is in fact BS.

I've done very stupid things in my life, but when it comes to women I have never ever crossed a line. I don't call them bitches or hoes, I don't touch them in anger, and I never aggressively yell at them. All that being said, I have a short temper and loved to fight as a kid, so I'm not a docile individual. Maybe my restraint comes from having only sisters and being raised in a single momma holsehold, but society today just has zero restraint or respect in general towards people you supposedly love.

However, you've never had the kinda of power that Jeudy has nor I. But I do know that kinda of authority etc is VERY corrosive. It corrupts all kinds of self control.

It sets most young men up. It's no excuse. It is what it is.

However, you've never had the kinda of power that Jeudy has nor I. But I do know that kinda of authority etc is VERY corrosive. It corrupts all kinds of self control.

It sets most young men up. It's no excuse. It is what it is.

Lack of self control is dangerous. It's been the ruin of many. It's a major weakness. Also a point that money can't solve every problem. Mo Money Mo Problems as Puff, Mase, and Biggy said.

Sure seems like there’s been a run on legal problems for current and former Bama players over the past few months. Ruggs, Depriest, Ricks and Jeudy have all put the spotlight on Bama. And the optics aren’t good for the University or for the way Saban recruits character and develops responsible citizens. Of course, Jay Barker’s arrest for using his car as a weapon doesn’t fall under Saban’s umbrella but again it does fall under the Bama football umbrella. I can’t remember a time when this many arrests have occurred in such a short period of time. I would have thought the Ruggs arrest would have resulted in more diligence not less.

Lack of self control is dangerous. It's been the ruin of many. It's a major weakness. Also a point that money can't solve every problem. Mo Money Mo Problems as Puff, Mase, and Biggy said.
He's having some emotional control issues, for sure. The twitter fingers have brought some unneeded negative attention, multiple times, following the bigger issue of some poor performances.

For perspective - Driving in to work today the topic was "Is this Jeudy's last chance in Denver". Hyperbole with his draft value... But gives you an idea of the temperature of the fanbase with the combination of performance and persona.

Back
Top Bottom