| CURRENT EVENTS Jerone Davison for Congress ad. "Make Rifles Great Again 💪🏿 "

Dude, that’s not even a thing; that hasn’t been a thing since the 1960s.

Interesting take considering I remember seeing rallies on Hwy. 72 in N. Alabama in the mid and late 70's.

But hey, he stands with Ukraine.

Interesting take considering I remember seeing rallies on Hwy. 72 in N. Alabama in the mid and late 70's.

But hey, he stands with Ukraine.
Hey, I grew up on Highway 72 in N. Alabama starting in the late 70’s! Too young to remember any of this stuff though. And my parents definitely didn’t participate in anything like that. But I think in Cullman down 157, you might have seen a good bit of that type activity as well.

The clan used to collect donations in Cullman in the mid 80s. We had a black technician that got stopped at a red light. He said they had guns with them. We asked him what did he do? He said I put 5 dollars in the bucket and got the hell out of there.

Keep in mind, I grew up in the country, not much to see, so if there was a flood or house fire, we went to see the water over the bridge or the chimney saved by the Columbiana fire department after their long drive to get there.

I can remember as a five or six year old (this would've been about 1970-71) riding up to Chelsea to see a KKK cross burning. This was in Lloyd Chesser's field by his lake, across old 280 from the original Lloyd's Restaurant. Today that would place it in the middle of 280 in front of the Chelsea Winn-Dixie. It was quite a spectacle, and I remember it and the conversation I had with my Dad about it. My Dad, who was a great man but not atypical in his views on race at the time, told me the Klan "was a bunch of drunks too lazy to work who need someone to blame". I've never forgotten that.

To varying degrees, that sums up most fringe hate groups in our world.

RTR,

Tim

My Dad, who was a great man but not atypical in his views on race at the time, told me the Klan "was a bunch of drunks too lazy to work who need someone to blame". I've never forgotten that.

To varying degrees, that sums up most fringe hate groups in our world.

steve-carrell-well-said.gif

The clan used to collect donations in Cullman in the mid 80s. We had a black technician that got stopped at a red light. He said they had guns with them. We asked him what did he do? He said I put 5 dollars in the bucket and got the hell out of there.

That's awful, but I don't blame him. He did what he had to do to get the hell out of there quickly. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom