| FTBL Javy question...

AlabamaMan

Verified Member
Ok, let's say that Javy holds down the starting DB spot across from Jackson. Now, let's assume he plays well, but you know coaches are going after him because of his height. Now, we all know how dangerous Javy is on PR, but do you want to risk putting a possibly gassed DB out to return a kick? I know teams have done things like this before, hell Simeon would run back to get a few, but I'm not sure how it would work this year.

Could we see Javy, Maze, and Burton in at times?

For some reason, I remember it being said or suggested somewhere that we would have two returners deep on punts this year. Maze and Arenas would be my bet. That way if they kick away from one, they kick to the other. Im not sure if this is true or I just heard it on a message board or something.

BamaFan425 said:
For some reason, I remember it being said or suggested somewhere that we would have two returners deep on punts this year. Maze and Arenas would be my bet. That way if they kick away from one, they kick to the other. Im not sure if this is true or I just heard it on a message board or something.

Gotta watch your sources there buddy! :wink: :D

bamaupsman said:
Deon Sanders did okay at both roles.

Yeah but he was Deon Sanders for God sakes.

Intersting subject, I would like for Javy to be fresh on PR. However, if he out performs all the other DB's, including Lawrence, he more then deserves to start across from Jackson.

AlabamaMan said:
Ok, let's say that Javy holds down the starting DB spot across from Jackson. Now, let's assume he plays well, but you know coaches are going after him because of his height. Now, we all know how dangerous Javy is on PR, but do you want to risk putting a possibly gassed DB out to return a kick? I know teams have done things like this before, hell Simeon would run back to get a few, but I'm not sure how it would work this year.

Could we see Javy, Maze, and Burton in at times?

Javy......Gassed? Is that possible? :D

Selfishly I don't want Javy on D. I know he wants to play as much as possible though. If anything I'd rather have him on offense but obviously that doesn't seem to be an option.

BamaDelta said:
Selfishly I don't want Javy on D. I know he wants to play as much as possible though. If anything I'd rather have him on offense but obviously that doesn't seem to be an option.

With what we've got coming in, it would be a race between Javy, BJ and Maze for slot duty. Quite frankly, we are at a point we don't need him on offense.

Back
Top Bottom