| FTBL I've seen a few people mention it here and a lot talk about it in the media. What do you guys think about the new OT rule going to 2pt conversions?

Max

I remember the seven overtime game lasting almost five hours. I haven't seen how long this one lasted, have any of you guys?

The new rule just doesn't make a lot of sense and I certainly don't think it added to the game itself.

The new rule just doesn't make a lot of sense
This.

"We're in overtime so let's put each team in one of the most difficult positions as possible and let's see who wins." :rolleyes:

I did wonder why we didn't see this from the Illini. Cubelic posted the pic a few days ago.

FCi553vWYAgvcDN

There has to be a better way. I think the way college does it, creates a situation of prolonged games like this. I don't like sudden death either.

I think adding a certain amount of time on the clock (10 min) and playing it like it is the start of the game. Coin toss, kick off, etc. Give each team 1 timeout.

I know there would need to be some semantics worked out, but that seems plausible.

For time constraints. Allow each team to line up on the 20 and kick field goals. Back it up 10 yards after each team has the opportunity to make one. After 50 yards move it at 5 yd increments. It would suck to lose a game like that, but would be entertaining.

They're worried about the games being too long, but they had no problem adding a game for Playoff sake and looing to expand the Playoffs creating a longer season? I think the new rule is dumb and they need to go back to the old rules where each team gets it at the 25, and even if they wanted to institute a 2point conversion after the second overtime go for it.

I wondering what these guys were smoking! I see no different from the other OT? Isn't this the 3rd or 4th chance since OT was first introduce?

I watched...and thought it was exciting....just me i guess

If they went back to putting ball on 25.....
I would like to see...
No FGs
All TDs followed by 2 point conversion

Or....have 2 OTs .....and leave at a tie except for championship games....

But...

I prefer the way it is....

NFL rules are crap too. Personally, each team gets one possession from their own 20. If it is a tie after that then it ends as a tie. Only exception would be championships and playoffs where I think you do two rounds of that then go into a field goal kick off after, where it starts at the 15 and moves back each round where both teams make or miss the field goal. That means teams with bad kicking will try to win it in the first OT by going for two if they score a TD.

There is no perfect solution.

I watched the game, and I liked it.

It was interesting that each team chose to pass on every 2 point play for the first 3-4 tries. All unsuccessful. And neither team could pass during the game. There is some value in still running the ball in these 2 point situations if you can put some window dressing on the play and have a QB run threat attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom