| FTBL Iron Bowl

BamaFan19

Verified Member
I know that we have the Miss. State game coming up and everything, but my main goal this season is to silence my girlfriend about the whole "fear the 6th" and every other pathetic slogan AU fans are saying to try to shake the pride and class that Bama fans have. :roll: It is quite funny that I had all of my friends that are 'Barn fans before the LSWho game telling me that we were going to be destroyed. After the game, however, I haven't heard anything from them about our close game with the Tigers.There may be a little fear from the AU fanbase in general recently. Maybe all of the Auburn fans are finally realizing that we aren't the same team they played last year and that this might actually be a extra-tough game for them. Anyways, I will be spending Thanksgiving in Texas with my gf's family and will be the only one decked out in Crimson and White. So anyone that goes to the game, yell a RTR for me. :D

The line of demarcation between Auburn fans who look at the team realistically and the ones that have the coke bottle orange and blue glasses on has grown a lot wider in the last 10 months. The paranoia has grown as much in that later group. Yesterday, I received an email from a friend who copied and pasted the latest rant from Mark Green. (one of the guys that runs the Scout.com Auburn site) It's his contention that it is an Alabama plot to send Tuberville to A&M.

I habitually don't pay a lot of attention to Auburn except for a few games; UGA, UF and LSU. However, I do watch the statistical leaders for the SEC several times a week when considering different match ups. Auburn has a VERY GOOD defense. They are ranked in the top 3 in every category except their pass defense efficiency where they are ranked #4.

Side note: I don't call it the Iron Bowl anymore...

TerryP said:
The line of demarcation between Auburn fans who look at the team realistically and the ones that have the coke bottle orange and blue glasses on has grown a lot wider in the last 10 months. The paranoia has grown as much in that later group. Yesterday, I received an email from a friend who copied and pasted the latest rant from Mark Green. (one of the guys that runs the Scout.com Auburn site) It's his contention that it is an Alabama plot to send Tuberville to A&M.

I habitually don't pay a lot of attention to Auburn except for a few games; UGA, UF and LSU. However, I do watch the statistical leaders for the SEC several times a week when considering different match ups. Auburn has a VERY GOOD defense. They are ranked in the top 3 in every category except their pass defense efficiency where they are ranked #4.

Side note: I don't call it the Iron Bowl anymore...

Terry, my friend, which category do you put me in? :D

You should point out that Mark Green has been banned as a moderator on the site and even his blog removed. Realistically we all have our share of fans with tinted glasses on. I will say for all the folks here that you and I post on several boards and I think you are straight up (most of the time :D )

As far as the Iron Bowl is concerned we all know there are few upsets. The favored team usually wins. That being said, this is the year of upsets so who knows. My own feeling is that Auburn will win unless we have too many turnovers and penalties. But it's one game I never bet on.

BamaFan19 said:
I know that we have the Miss. State game coming up and everything, but my main goal this season is to silence my girlfriend about the whole "fear the 6th" and every other pathetic slogan AU fans are saying to try to shake the pride and class that Bama fans have. :roll: It is quite funny that I had all of my friends that are 'Barn fans before the LSWho game telling me that we were going to be destroyed. After the game, however, I haven't heard anything from them about our close game with the Tigers.There may be a little fear from the AU fanbase in general recently. Maybe all of the Auburn fans are finally realizing that we aren't the same team they played last year and that this might actually be a extra-tough game for them. Anyways, I will be spending Thanksgiving in Texas with my gf's family and will be the only one decked out in Crimson and White. So anyone that goes to the game, yell a RTR for me. :D

I just want to point out a few things as to why barn fans haven't said much. One they played LSU as good as Alabama. 2nd they have more talent on their team according to all the recruiting mags. 3rd until we beat them they have earned the right to talk.

If you watched the LSUvsBarn game. The one thing you can say about Auburn is they're going to be a tough game, but screw it we have MSU this week!

Proud Tiger said:
Terry, my friend, which category do you put me in? :D

You should point out that Mark Green has been banned as a moderator on the site and even his blog removed. Realistically we all have our share of fans with tinted glasses on. I will say for all the folks here that you and I post on several boards and I think you are straight up (most of the time :D )

As far as the Iron Bowl is concerned we all know there are few upsets. The favored team usually wins. That being said, this is the year of upsets so who knows. My own feeling is that Auburn will win unless we have too many turnovers and penalties. But it's one game I never bet on.

It's either HBO or Showtime that has a special coming up (may already be playing) about the Ohio State and Michigan rivalry. There's a game you can put into the same category as our annual match-up. (in some terms, not all terms..I doubt either state shuts down like Alabama does when we face off.) I mention that because you never can tell what is going to happen in that ball game.

Over the last few years, even with our program as far down as its been, the game (score wise) have still been close.

I didn't know that about Mark Green. It's long overdue, but a wise move. In his case, it was a combination of orange and blue glasses with in the pilot's chair of a black helicopter. He's thrown so much BS out there over the years it's surprising they didn't make the move sooner. There had to be an internal blow up of some sort...I just wonder if it was a member based movement.

As to you...

I think you occasionally gets caught up in things that you hear, but overall, you are a good guy who likes having fun with the rivalry. If there is one thing that amuses me about you it's your signature over on Tigerforums.

I can relate to the family.. EVERYONE in my family are Tide fans.. My wife is a Barn fan... Her and her and my father in law have season tickets and I got to make the Kansas State and the USF game in his place :D I loved the USF game BTW. :D

She and I are having problems now regarding the arrival of our daughter and her choice of school attire. Is it bad of me to forbid my wife to dress our daughter in AU attire? :D

chevy0082 said:
I can relate to the family.. EVERYONE in my family are Tide fans.. My wife is a Barn fan... Her and her and my father in law have season tickets and I got to make the Kansas State and the USF game in his place :D I loved the USF game BTW. :D

She and I are having problems now regarding the arrival of our daughter and her choice of school attire. Is it bad of me to forbid my wife to dress our daughter in AU attire? :D

It would be bad of you to not protect your daughter. :D

My wife's a Kentucky girl (strike one in not understanding Alabama football), attended a high school that had no football team (strike two), and never even watched a game before our oldest started playing ten years ago (three). When he was little, she'd buy him "the cutest little outfits" and thought I was nuts when I'd immediately say "that's orange, I don't like it". Over the years, she's come around such that none of my three sons own anything orange and she has ONE orange sweater that she wears around Halloween. The Sunday after the UT game, she dons the sweater for church. After she does some kids' music, she always comes in late to my class. I had been a gracious winner with my UT friends at church, but I had warned them all that Brenda was a sore winner and that she was wearing orange to rub it in. This may have been the year of the final orange purge in my household. :D

RTR,

Tim

chevy0082 said:

That's not bad at all chevy. My husband is all orange and blue. We made an agreement years ago, and I did the same with his family.

I will never buy my child anything Auburn (not for b'day, Christmas, never). I will also never dress my child in Auburn. If my husband and/or his family want to buy it then so be it. They'll have to be the ones to put it on as well.

I will never aid in the support of Auburn and its colors. I've made my mother-in-law mad over the years, but I told her from the beginning up front where I would stand regarding AU. So, she has no one to be mad at but herself.

I think that we have agreed to do the same Delta.. I say she is not wearing orange and blue and she says she wont be wearing crimson and white... I know in the long run that my daughter, being smart and intelligent like her father, will choose the Bama way of life instead of the dark side. Its all in fun though

BamaDelta said:
chevy0082 said:

That's not bad at all chevy. My husband is all orange and blue. We made an agreement years ago, and I did the same with his family.

I will never buy my child anything Auburn (not for b'day, Christmas, never). I will also never dress my child in Auburn. If my husband and/or his family want to buy it then so be it. They'll have to be the ones to put it on as well.

I will never aid in the support of Auburn and its colors. I've made my mother-in-law mad over the years, but I told her from the beginning up front where I would stand regarding AU. So, she has no one to be mad at but herself.

Well, as I told Delta, I'm ashamed. My son, who was raised Bama, is a freshman at the barn. I so dreamed of the day he would follow me, his mom, his sister (a Bama Sr this year), his grandpa who was a UA prof, his uncle, and his grandma to Bama. But it wasn't to be. He wants to be a drug dealer :D (pharmacist) and they have that at the barn. I never understood what cow manure and pharmacy have in common :D . Anyway, the barn came up with lots of bucks for an academic scholly so he is down there. When I moved him in back in august, I wore my Bama gear, I put a Bama fuzzy throw on his bed and tried to buy him some Bama sheets for his dorm (his mom over rode that). I did get him plain red towels and a shower curtin. He has attended 3 Bama games this year (West Carolina, Tenn and LSU) and did not purchase any barn student tickets and hasn't seen a game. I won't buy him any barn junk....I would set fire to the cash first. So I knew where you are coming from. I'll be pulling for the Athens Dawgs on Sat....in fact my two fav teams are Bama and who ever is playing the barn. If it came down to the barn and al Queda, I'd have to learn arabic so I could participate in the cheers.

Roll Tide forever

chevy0082 said:

When I first married my wife she was a barner also. When our son was born I told her if I ever saw him in any barn stuff no matter where we were I would take it off of him.

Now she has come over to the good guys side and is all Bama. She made the change not because of me but because of some barn fans we know, the way they acted turned her against them.

And just yesterday my son got accepted to Alabama (I almost cried)
So hang in and bring that child up right!

Back
Top Bottom