| FTBL Interesting post I came across

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

I was checking out one of the Arkansas forums and ran across an interesting post made by one of the fans there. The guy claims to be a college football coach (at a lower level) and has weighed in on some of the comments being made by the razorback faithful over there.

I'm not saying that the post is 100% dead on, but the guy does make some interesting points and if nothing else it should make people think a little more about what they post/say about the current staff, whether they be BAMA staff, Arkansas staff, or any other. Check it out.

Hopefully this links correctly.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=10#s=10&f=1013&t=1601409

I've looked over three Arkansas sites just to gauge what they are thinking, suggesting, etc. I'm telling you, it reminds me so much of situations we've experienced over the last decade.

I see fans of other schools jumping in just to rub their noses in this situation. It's a tone that most have opinions that the program is doomed for the next few years, they need to clean house, they've screwed the pooch (perhaps Hog?) and now there is little, if any hope, for their future.

The Grobe situation is the final straw in a horribly embarrassing litany of events. I honestly don't know of any coach that would be willing to walk into the middle of that mess.

I'm sure Frank Broyles and Houston Nutt are wearing a permanent grin these days.

I honestly feel for the UArk fans. I can relate to how they are feeling right now.

I know they don't want to, but they may have to get a young up and comer froma lower school/division or an asst coach froma big name school.

I have to admit ,I've been over to the site we have linked quite a few times to watch from a different prospective than when it was happening to us.
I've shot back a few times when they dogged us or Saban, but for the most part I have been respectful and a bit supportive ,of course. They seem like a pretty good bunch. Especially ThrowitDeep, the owner I think. It's interesting and very easily predictable on how they react as this thing grows. You can watch every episode unfold and almost know what's about to happen. The melt downs ,the rationals,the paranoids ,the delusionals. I find it interesting and really want to tell them a few things to ease some of the tension and anxiety ,like be patient and let it run it's course but they ain't having it.
We're a salty bunch because we've been through this what 5 time in the last 8- 9 years?
Nothing prepares you for it . You just gotta live it. I really don't think they understand what they are about to go through if the hire doesn't work out. Weather it be from the new coach not happy or the fans and administration not happy. It's gonna get worse before better.
I mean damn they haven't had to look for a coach for what 10 years?

I don't doubt that Nutt is glad to be away from the situation. Broyles, on the other hand, is one I would consider sad about it. Especially given all the time and contributions he's made over his lifetime to Arkansas.

reger60 said:
The Grobe situation is the final straw in a horribly embarrassing litany of events. I honestly don't know of any coach that would be willing to walk into the middle of that mess.

I'm sure Frank Broyles and Houston Nutt are wearing a permanent grin these days.

I ran across a blog a little while ago that was suggesting the same thing.

Tiny Nutt?

Geez, this list of names out there is just crazy...Malzahn, Davis, Tuberville, Bowden (Tommy), Grobe, Croom, J. Johnson, geez, who have I missed that we've seen as a suggestion?

Forgot one: I noticed a thread on one of the forums about the players getting a petition together supporting Herring for HC. Seems something along those lines happened with Nutt...not to hire, but to support?

TerryP said:
I ran across a blog a little while ago that was suggesting the same thing.

Tiny Nutt?

Geez, this list of names out there is just crazy...Malzahn, Davis, Tuberville, Bowden (Tommy), Grobe, Croom, J. Johnson, geez, who have I missed that we've seen as a suggestion?

Forgot one: I noticed a thread on one of the forums about the players getting a petition together supporting Herring for HC. Seems something along those lines happened with Nutt...not to hire, but to support?

Yeah I saw the Herring petition thread. Hey, what do they have to lose at this point? :roll:

Oh heavens! :shock:

I should preface this by saying that this station has broken incorrect news all week long, so take it FWIW.

KATV in Arkansas (according to this poster) has stated that the Arky recruiting class is now down to 8 players verbally committed.

Like one poster eluded to; this could be WORSE than the death penalty before it's all over and done with.

Bama Bo said:
I honestly feel for the UArk fans. I can relate to how they are feeling right now.

I know they don't want to, but they may have to get a young up and comer froma lower school/division or an asst coach froma big name school.

Mark Hudspeth is available here in Florence. :lol:

And you are less critical of coaches b/c you know how much hard work is put into the program. The last thing you will ever hear me do is question a coach, a call or a decision he makes that he feels is best for his team and his family.

:thumbsup:

All around excellent post.

The lasted rumors out here is that Petrino is interested. If they land him, that would be a huge coup for them.

Anyone heard if he is truly unhappy with the Falcons?

Tideboy said:
The lasted rumors out here is that Petrino is interested. If they land him, that would be a huge coup for them.

He states to the media that he is sticking to his word to the Falcons. Watching him on the sidelines, he looks lost and pissed. If he is in it for nothing but the money, he has found himself a home because Arthur Blank cannot afford to get a decent coach for awhile since he put all his eggs in Vicks water bowl.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Tideboy said:

He states to the media that he is sticking to his word to the Falcons. Watching him on the sidelines, he looks lost and pissed. If he is in it for nothing but the money, he has found himself a home because Arthur Blank cannot afford to get a decent coach for awhile since he put all his eggs in Vicks water bowl.

I don't think Blank is hurting too bad. Home Depot continues to rake in the dough. As for Petrino, the players have been giving him hell since he has been here. I would understand if he was unhappy here.

kudzu said:
I have to admit ,I've been over to the site we have linked quite a few times to watch from a different prospective than when it was happening to us.
I've shot back a few times when they dogged us or Saban, but for the most part I have been respectful and a bit supportive ,of course. They seem like a pretty good bunch. Especially ThrowitDeep, the owner I think. It's interesting and very easily predictable on how they react as this thing grows. You can watch every episode unfold and almost know what's about to happen. The melt downs ,the rationals,the paranoids ,the delusionals. I find it interesting and really want to tell them a few things to ease some of the tension and anxiety ,like be patient and let it run it's course but they ain't having it.
We're a salty bunch because we've been through this what 5 time in the last 8- 9 years?
Nothing prepares you for it . You just gotta live it. I really don't think they understand what they are about to go through if the hire doesn't work out. Weather it be from the new coach not happy or the fans and administration not happy. It's gonna get worse before better.

kudzu, you make it sound like their trying to have a kid :lol:

ghice said:
kudzu said:

kudzu, you make it sound like their trying to have a kid :lol:

:lol:
If you've gone over there and watched this stuff for a while it seems just as chaotic! :lol:
It's different watching it than being a part of it and it does kinda feel like a father watching his kid make mistake after mistake. All the while knowing you could keep him from doing it.

Back
Top Bottom