| FTBL Interested in having a RTB.com tent/tailgate each Home game?

Interested in Featuring a RTB.com tent/tailgate each Home game?

• Yes, but I'm not sure what I can do besides show up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but all I'll do is be a food sink-hole.

• No, too much to do at a game to commit too much of my time.

• No, the idea of sweating outdoors is not fun to me.

• No, RTB.com role should just be limited to the internet.

• I'm not sure what to think about it!!

• Total voters
There has been for some time now discussion about making a more mainstream RTB.com tent/tailgate. It can get as elaborate or skimpy as we want to make it. The issues here to seem to be what limitations that are out there besides financial issues, such as any licensing issues perhaps. This discussion & survey will help use gauge the issues.

Now, I'm not one for doing things half-a$$ed & from the pride that we have in BAMA football we will want to represent RTB.com well or not do this at all. But how far is too much or too little. I'm not sure. So just answer the poll & provide your train of thought for your answer.

One of the biggest things that I'm thankful about this site is that many members enlighted me how to go to T-Town & what to do. This site has been a great service to me as a BAMA fan & I'm sure to others. I've been told many times that this site is about the members & we do not want to make the tent/tailgate any different. That said lets give back & help any new/fellow members get to T-Town to root on our beloved team.

I voted the "I'll help as much as possible" but with me being in L.A. obviously any contribution I can make would be limited to the internet, or financially.

I don't think this is a bad idea though. The real determination would come from those people that go to the games a lot though. Do they want an official tail-gate with a tent and a grill? I think it's a good idea but like I said, since I have a hard time making it to games my opinion doesn't mean much.

Simply put though, I think the more visible RTB.com is the better.

I kinda like the idea but I'm not sure how much I can be around or help out. Between my friends, family and my girlfriends friends, family I'm not sure if I could be there. If ya'll need help setting up on Fridays before the game let me know.

I haven't voted yet, but here is my opinion.

A few years ago when the wife and I started with the season tickets we went all out and bought all the necessary garb. IMO it is entirely too much trouble to do that crap everygame. I think to do it and do it right, only do the bigger games (SEC). Hawaii would be a good one, but leave off the Florida Atlantic, Lousianna Monroe type games.

It is way easier to walk over on the east side of the quad and order from one of those trailers. Take your pick of BBQ, Catfish, Shrimp, Philly Cheesesteak, Hamburgers, etc...... Then you don't have to clean up just throw your trash in one of the nearby recepticles.

It sounds like a good idea. My husband and I will be at most of the home games this year.

To keep if from being too much work, maybe try signing up different people to coordinate set up, etc., for each game?

rammerjammer said:
I haven't voted yet, but here is my opinion.

A few years ago when the wife and I started with the season tickets we went all out and bought all the necessary garb. IMO it is entirely too much trouble to do that crap everygame. I think to do it and do it right, only do the bigger games (SEC). Hawaii would be a good one, but leave off the Florida Atlantic, Lousianna Monroe type games.

It is way easier to walk over on the east side of the quad and order from one of those trailers. Take your pick of BBQ, Catfish, Shrimp, Philly Cheesesteak, Hamburgers, etc...... Then you don't have to clean up just throw your trash in one of the nearby recepticles.
You drag! I like to get to town early and drink beer till I am ready to sleep around kickoff time!

I will come by, but my friends and I have our own tradition and parking spots. It is not feasible for us to give those up, but would definitely come by and help as much as I could...

Lanta.......I think the term would be a lazy bastard!! :D

It's just too easy to load up on a shrimp po-boy and then walk over to Cold-Stone creamery to get something to push that shrimp out with!

I don't care how good a tailgater you are. You can't duplicate that!

With that being said I'm up for doing one or two this year. I have a small gas grill and a E-Z up tent. I also have a butt-load of folding chairs. If ya'll choose to tailgate some of the rooty-poot games I'll be sure to come by and heckle you guys and tell you what to do with all your stuff and how to clean up right before I walk into the stadium! :lol:

I would like to drop by and meet everyone, I'm going to the Duke game so if I can find the location I wouldn't mind dropping by and say hello, I'll have my son with me and he likes to go to those trampolines on the quad so I take him there to entertain him before game time.

rammerjammer said:
Lanta.......I think the term would be a lazy bastard!! :D

It's just too easy to load up on a shrimp po-boy and then walk over to Cold-Stone creamery to get something to push that shrimp out with!

I don't care how good a tailgater you are. You can't duplicate that!

With that being said I'm up for doing one or two this year. I have a small gas grill and a E-Z up tent. I also have a butt-load of folding chairs. If ya'll choose to tailgate some of the rooty-poot games I'll be sure to come by and heckle you guys and tell you what to do with all your stuff and how to clean up right before I walk into the stadium! :lol:
Cleanup hell, we leave that till after the game!

I'm willing to lend a hand as a local. I plan on being at every game except Louisiana Monroe (I can't believe we play them two years in a row ;pu ).

I'll be happy to pimp the tailgate on my site to try to get more people registered over here too.

OK fellow Tiders. I don't think we are getting replies to the survey as needed.

There have been 182 views of this message w/ 19 (about 10%) replies. Lets assume that 40% (72) of those views are guests who can't reply or members looked at it as a guest & 20% (36) of those veiws are when we re-view the posts that leaves 29% (53) of you who could've given us a reply. What's up ;scr :?:

Let me put the percentages together:
40%+20%+29+/-%+10+/-%=100%roughly.

50 folks didn't do anything (I'm being conservative on my % estamates). Come on. No shame at saying NO to the survey but atleast vote :( . PLEASE!! We are honestly trying to asses the feasability of taking this thing to the next level or just leaving the tailgate to be a very casual time amoung friends (nothing wrong w/ that). PLEASE VOTE!!!

I think it is a awesome Idea....BUT, I live in OKLAHOMA and I won't be at one game so that kind of settles it for me. Though if I was there you bet!!!! We all seem to be friendly here on the site and there would be nothing better than to axpand that friendship and fellowship. Now If someone was to give me an alabama ticket out of charity I could manage to stroll that way one weekend. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom