| MBB/WBB 🏀 In other NCAA basketball action—Conference Championship Weekend

Mike White has done well for his first year at UGA. On the flip side, Auburn looks atrocious on offense.

Agree. Thought the White hire was a little odd, but maybe he's just a better fit there than at UF? I think auburn will play well at home for the most part, but they'll struggle on the road. They better hope Broome stays healthy though.

Agree. Thought the White hire was a little odd, but maybe he's just a better fit there than at UF? I think auburn will play well at home for the most part, but they'll struggle on the road. They better hope Broome stays healthy though.
I didn't think it was too odd considering Georgia's fan base doesn't care about basketball and White will likely get them to the tournament every so often. He had four trips to the tournament at Florida, with an Elite Eight appearance. He's an above average coach, which is perfect for Georgia's program. Also he beats Bruce Pearl a lot.

In other SEC action... UGA sinks auburn, 76-64 in Athens.

Do not want to count my chickens too soon, but we seem to be the class of the SEC with no one really playing as well as us. Knock on wood. Houston will be a team going deep in the tournament, Gonzaga will be there too I honestky believe. UCONN as well, but outside of that I feel Alabama is playing so well this year.

Do not want to count my chickens too soon, but we seem to be the class of the SEC with no one really playing as well as us. Knock on wood. Houston will be a team going deep in the tournament, Gonzaga will be there too I honestky believe. UCONN as well, but outside of that I feel Alabama is playing so well this year.

Some of you have watched more SEC basketball than me this year, but it seems like up to this point Bama and Tennessee are at the top. Kentucky is talented, but they've been a mess when I've watched (hopefully that continues to at least Saturday). Haven't seen a ton of Mizzou, but they've been impressive. If they hold on and beat Arky tonight, I'd throw them in there with Bama and the Vols. I think Arkansas will be fine too.... they started off terrible in SEC play last year too if I remember correctly. Like Mizzou, haven't seen a lot of LSU, but when I have they look pretty good, like a team that can beat anyone if they play well.

Some of you have watched more SEC basketball than me this year, but it seems like up to this point Bama and Tennessee are at the top. Kentucky is talented, but they've been a mess when I've watched (hopefully that continues to at least Saturday). Haven't seen a ton of Mizzou, but they've been impressive. If they hold on and beat Arky tonight, I'd throw them in there with Bama and the Vols. I think Arkansas will be fine too.... they started off terrible in SEC play last year too if I remember correctly. Like Mizzou, haven't seen a lot of LSU, but when I have they look pretty good, like a team that can beat anyone if they play well.
If I'm coaching in the SEC, or the NCAA for that matter, and Mizzou is coming up on my schedule I'm extremely cautious—not taking a damn thing for granted.

When it comes to tourney time have often have we seen experience end up with the upper-hand over talent? Mizzou has the latter, maybe not to the same degree as some other programs (don't know,) but hands down they've got more experience than any team in the SEC.

A side note on Arkansas (that has nothing to do with my opinion Muss is a punk. 🙃 )

In October Arkansas lost Mak Manciel for the season with an ACL injury. Then, back in the first week of December, Brazille announced he was "sitting out the remainder of the season" due to a knee injury. Two weeks later Nick Smith, Jr. hurt his knee as well. To me, it put a different light on Bama's visit to Fayetteville in a week.

There's another interesting storyline that's developed; the role Smith's "agent/agency" has in handling his NIL agreements (and believed to be his representation when he enters the league.) Do we see Smith again this season?

Klutch Sports Group has a history of shutting down potential NBA talent due to injury. They were involved with top high school prospect Darius Bazley not playing in college or the G-League before entering the 2019 NBA Draft.

The 'backs are still a strong ball club though they don't carry the "fret" felt a few months ago while looking at the road trip.

Playing "in conference" throws a dynamic that'll mess up even the best prognosticators. Look at UCONN, who is still projected to be a #1 seed in the tourney, and they've lost to Providence and Xavier this season.

Even still...seeing Purdue getting points against Ohio State tonight is just...weird.

Auburn -2½ vs Arkansas (in West Opelika.) I think this is Auburn's first Q1 game. (8:30 ET)
Florida -8½ against UGA? Georgia beat Auburn this week, Florida lost to Auburn last week. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom