| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ In other NCAA basketball action—Conference Championship Weekend

After Houston fell it was almost guaranteed.

I watched some of the Perdue game and they looked pretty legit , from the small portion I watched. They have a Center that looked really big and talented. He could be a problem. They average 74 points a game. Later in the game they seemed to struggle to score.

Yep, they got a big ole boy down low. With us this year we have a couple of guys big enough to mash with him, but also out-athleticize him in my opinion. They'd give us a fight, but they showed against Maryland what they look like when they struggle and the big man is the only thing working.

God I would love for Tennessee to drop some games so we can have some cushion for the regular season.
It would be nice to see Bama winning a regular season championship but isn't the focus of the majority going to be on March 8th -12th? Specifically, March 10th and what time they tip off? It's arguable the four seed in the SEC tourney is a better place to be than the two or three seeds—especially with the three seed; that's an 8PM tip Friday followed by a 2PM tip Saturday.

It would be nice to see Bama winning a regular season championship but isn't the focus of the majority going to be on March 8th -12th? Specifically, March 10th and what time they tip off? It's arguable the four seed in the SEC tourney is a better place to be than the two or three seeds—especially with the three seed; that's an 8PM tip Friday followed by a 2PM tip Saturday.
I'd like to go ahead and secure the #1 seed and win another regular season championship. But if you'd ask me what I'd prefer - I would like for Alabama to win the SECT and get hot at the right time.

Sometimes, these seedings can be a hindrance instead of doing good. Hey! What’s your reward for finishing 3rd this year? An 8pm tip with a 2pm turnaround game the next day.

Alabama's schedule is much easier leading into the big showdown in Knoxville than Tennessee's is.

Alabama
1674746762282.png
Tennessee

1674746790053.png

I included two more games after our match up because Alabama could realistically drop the game in Knoxville and still remain #1* in the SEC.

*If we avoid bad losses and A&M drops a game or two.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (June 16, 2022) - The 10th annual SEC/Big 12 Challenge will feature 10 games played on Saturday, January 28, 2023, in a matchup of two premier college basketball conferences.

All 10 of the Big 12's teams and 10 of the SEC's 14 member institutions will participate in this year's event. Each of the 10 SEC teams that participated in the 2022 Challenge will be a part of the 2023 event.

The SEC won the ninth annual Big 12/SEC Challenge by winning six of the 10 games on January 29, 2022. It is the second year in a row the SEC won the Challenge. The SEC has lost the Challenge just one time in the last six years.

This will be the eighth year that a bye in the league schedule for participating teams was created to accommodate the single-day format. The first two years of the challenge were played over several days in November and December but the last eight events have been consolidated to one single day in January. ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU will combine to televise the contests.

Times_for_Big_12SEC_Challenge_003_.png

Back
Top Bottom