| FTBL I'm starting to dislike Finebaum

G

I've always been a supporter of Paul Finebaum, but lately....he's starting to get on my nerves.

I think it started when I saw the video that was posted here of Paul, the guys from FOX6, and Coach Saban...when Coach Saban was "coaching" Paul as a defensive back.

Why does he always have to try and be funny? He kept looking up at the camera with this goofy look. Coach Saban had this look on his face like..."What a dork".

Paul seems to take pride in talking tough about coaches, but he never acts like that to their face.

Am I the only hating that show here lately?

p.s. What's up with this Rick Carly guy? What a dork.

rick carle has been a dork for a long time. i've never really liked watching him do the sports. he tries too hard to sound cool and say something witty or funny, but it just comes out dorky.

he knows his stuff, but he just seems to try too hard.

I've been listening to Finebaum for years and he never really bothered me.

I think he has to try to be controversial or he isn't really different than any other sports talk show host. He just seems to make mountains out of molehills.

That seems to be the way it is with the media though. If there is no news....make news.

Does anybody know this guy "Jim from Tuscaloosa" on the show?

I've heard him call into all of those Birmingham morning shows with a different name everytime.

What a freak.

I'm not familiar with Mcready. They all seem like idiots to me. I'm kinda glad to see Saban giving them such a hard time.

The only guy I trust in the media is Cecil Hurt.

kayleighsdad said:
I'm not familiar with Mcready. They all seem like idiots to me. I'm kinda glad to see Saban giving them such a hard time.

Cecil is the man. Mcready is in Mobile on 105.5. He is a ex-barn beat writer and you can tell. I stopped listening to him and now listen to Snake and Chris Stewart on The Ultimate Sports Show.

Finebaum tells it like it is plain and simple. If its Auburn in trouble hes on it, same thing with Bama, UT,etc.

We have/had a huge problem with player behavior for a couple of years now. :oops:

I listen more for the entertainment value than anything. Thats what Finebaum has over the other guys in that he ENTERTAINS as opposed to toeing the company line.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Finebaum tells it like it is plain and simple. If its Auburn in trouble hes on it, same thing with Bama, UT,etc.

We have/had a huge problem with player behavior for a couple of years now. :oops:

I listen more for the entertainment value than anything. Thats what Finebaum has over the other guys in that he ENTERTAINS as opposed to toeing the company line.

I concur.

Bones82 said:
kayleighsdad said:

Cecil is the man. Mcready is in Mobile on 105.5. He is a ex-barn beat writer and you can tell. I stopped listening to him and now listen to Snake and Chris Stewart on The Ultimate Sports Show.

I listen to SST on 98.1 hardly anything else.

Bones82 said:
kayleighsdad said:
I've heard that show a few times. I think I'll listen in on those guys.

They do a good job. I know they are extremely Bama biased but they still keep everything pretty even.

If they want to stay on the air, they have to talk more about BAMA than the barn. It is the best "radio" show out there though.

Lenny Kozlowski said:

He will occasionally have a good guest on his show, but other than that, he's worthless to me... maybe that is because I don't want to listen to a guy host a show about college football when that host couldn't describe the difference between the veer and the wishbone... or a cover 3 and a cover 2. But alas... that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom